PDA

View Full Version : HSDPA thruougput Vs. HS users

eric4good
2014-06-26, 02:18 PM
Dear Experts,

Is there a way to map the number of active HS users with cell throughput, assume we have a cell capable of 21Mbps(64QAM) and there are currently 57 users with active sessions, can we assume each user will get roughly 21/57=0.368Mbps or thereabouts.

I understand there are many factors contributing to user throughput (codes, power, CQI) etc but is there a way or a tool to dimension a network to a certain number of users and required throughput.

Thanks in adavnce

Eric4good

auto_art
2014-06-26, 02:32 PM
there are counters to check avg user throuput

bindi
2014-06-26, 03:22 PM
You can use E*******'s dimensioning tool ENCP.

Dear Experts,

Is there a way to map the number of active HS users with cell throughput, assume we have a cell capable of 21Mbps(64QAM) and there are currently 57 users with active sessions, can we assume each user will get roughly 21/57=0.368Mbps or thereabouts.

I understand there are many factors contributing to user throughput (codes, power, CQI) etc but is there a way or a tool to dimension a network to a certain number of users and required throughput.

Thanks in adavnce

Eric4good

eric4good
2014-06-26, 11:59 PM
Thank you bindi, can you share this tool if you have it, please upload to 4shared or similar.
Do you know of any Huawei tool that does the same?
BR
eric4good

You can use E*******'s dimensioning tool ENCP.

Philippe
2014-06-27, 04:33 PM
Dear Experts,

Thanks in adavnce

Eric4good

21 Mbps is the theoretical peak throughput. You can achieve if you are in the best radio conditions in areas with wery good C/I ( so e.g. closed to the cell and with low interference from the other cells) with 64QAM and all the codes dedicated to you (assuming the UE category can achieve).
If your users are in the middle of the cell, the cell throughput will certainly be more around 5 to 8 Mbps /cell. You can refer to some 3GPP simulations to get an idea of the typical cell throughput (but again many simulation conditions).
You can also rely on your counters/KPIs and get the cell throughput measured in the same period you measured the number of active sessions.

webkasperl
2014-07-06, 10:24 PM
Additionally it depends on your configuration. Without F-DPCH the big amount of HSDPA users reduce the available HS-DSCH codes due to codes required for DPCCH and SRB in downlink.
May HSDPA users degrade EcNo in the cell, so CQIs for other users are degraded too. This again reduces the possible cell thorughput.
But at the end you have to take into account some activity factor, so if they are not all downloading data at the same time, this will improve the situation.
Regards

tabordas
2014-07-07, 06:28 AM
Huawei dimensioning tool is called RND.
It allows 2G, 3G and LTE dimensioning. Unfortunately I don't have any version with "med"...

Thank you bindi, can you share this tool if you have it, please upload to 4shared or similar.
Do you know of any Huawei tool that does the same?
BR
eric4good