PDA

View Full Version : Effective Earth Radius Factor

mohamad
2014-06-15, 04:54 PM
Dear Friends,
Which value of k shall be considered in MW link planning?
Its variation range is outlined in which document?

Best regards,
Mohamad

dekili
2014-06-16, 06:48 AM
k=4/3

It shows the difference between geographical horizon and radio horizon. Radio horizon extends behind geo horizon and this value is widely accepted. You can find information in Google it is widely available.
Cheers

mohamad
2014-06-18, 07:17 PM
but I see other values for it in different documents such as minimum value, average value and ...
Also there are several figures in ITU-R P.453 (Figure 12:16) and a formula for calculating it.
As you know, it varies over the time. I want to find a range which it varies normally in that range in a specific location.

Regards,
Mohamad

rm77
2014-06-19, 01:50 AM
Hi;
you can use the value calculated by Pthloss which is exceded at 99.9% of the time.
i think it's safe value for calculating clearance .
THX.

bluep
2014-07-01, 05:01 PM
Hi pro
Could you pls share the link of PathLoss in which the interference module is available
Tks for your support

dekili
2014-07-03, 01:06 AM
but I see other values for it in different documents such as minimum value, average value and ...
Also there are several figures in ITU-R P.453 (Figure 12:16) and a formula for calculating it.
As you know, it varies over the time. I want to find a range which it varies normally in that range in a specific location.

Regards,
Mohamad

To be clear, are you talking about k (small k) like radio horizon or K (sometimes marked as n) which is refractivity coefficient?
For K, for exact value for specific location you would need to measure during the year. In all other cases you just use ITU recommendation and follow in which region is your contry or the link that you want to design. It is always based either on average values or worst month in the year values.
BR