PDA

View Full Version : Hello i am new and need advice

Mohamed kamal
2014-05-31, 08:34 AM
Dears
I am a fresh graduated working at E******* Equipment maintenance and clearing alarms, and i search for some days hardly to know more and more about alarms and i don't fined what i need i download some alex library i found it very useful about RBS 2206 and 6102 but it does't contain alarms and how to deal with it and that is what i urgently need it because no one help at work :) and that is my 3rd month and for every alarm i go to clear it i call supervisor and then he told me some procedure used to clear it but they dont help me to get it they just said just do what i tell you and don't ask a lot no time blablabalabalab

if some one can help me to find some alex library used to define alarms i will be grateful.

BR

Optimustron
2014-05-31, 09:35 AM
Mohamed, I'm just seen your thread, at this moment I'm leaving the office however I will try to help you but You need to be patience because other people of the alliance maybe busy or like me, leaving from office, maybe I will try tomorrow if not on monday, please don't get worry. Best regards,

Optimustron
2014-06-01, 07:16 AM
Hello Mohamed, In first place we need to know what kind of alarms, because you have several levels, like MSC, BSC and BTS if we are talking about GSM or MSC, RNC and NODE B if we are talking about UMTS, I know that you are talking about E******* because of the name of library, ALEX, then exactly what library do you have?, I have some of them and I can give you a copy but I don't know if the release version is right for your system, we have BSS 08A this is old because people in this forum are talking about BSS G12B and upper, by the moment I have attached an old version of BSS Integration in order to give you some basic ideas about the system. I recommend you that look for E******* representative and ask for updated documentacion or at least the version of your system, I know is hard to find that but asking to planning people is the better way, you need to get involved with people, ask somebody will ear you. We'll try to answer you all that we can but is better in you own country.

Because you are a junnior member you can't download documents from this forum then I recommend you to download the document at http://cosconor.fr/GSM/Divers/Equipment/E*******/Bss%20integration.pdf and read the chapter 7 BSS FAULTHANDLING to read some about your concerns, however I recommend you to read the entire document.
Maybe some people in this forum can help more you, I'll try to find more documents for you. Best regards,

Mohamed kamal
2014-06-01, 10:23 AM
Hello Mohamed, In first place we need to know what kind of alarms, because you have several levels, like MSC, BSC and BTS if we are talking about GSM or MSC, RNC and NODE B if we are talking about UMTS, I know that you are talking about E******* because of the name of library, ALEX, then exactly what library do you have?, I have some of them and I can give you a copy but I don't know if the release version is right for your system, we have BSS 08A this is old because people in this forum are talking about BSS G12B and upper, by the moment I have attached an old version of BSS Integration in order to give you some basic ideas about the system. I recommend you that look for E******* representative and ask for updated documentacion or at least the version of your system, I know is hard to find that but asking to planning people is the better way, you need to get involved with people, ask somebody will ear you. We'll try to answer you all that we can but is better in you own country.

Because you are a junnior member you can't download documents from this forum then I recommend you to download the document at http://cosconor.fr/GSM/Divers/Equipment/E*******/Bss%20integration.pdf and read the chapter 7 BSS FAULTHANDLING to read some about your concerns, however I recommend you to read the entire document.
Maybe some people in this forum can help more you, I'll try to find more documents for you. Best regards,
Dear Optimus
Thanks for your efforts, 00
i am working at RBS 2206 for GSM and RBS 3418 for UMTS, and now i think i can answer you about kind of alarms it is on BSS level or BCS i can't not be very specific for them moment because i am so newb :D, i try to summarize it to you, after graduation, i start work for a subcontractor, first day i did the contract for the job, second day they give me laptop and GPS and some cables with out any training for any thing and then they told me about some sites coordinates and i moved to my first site you know open shelter i was wooow it's so strange and so grate see cabinets flashing and cards and then i called my site supervisor and then he told me how to connect to the cabinet it was RBS 3418 and how to do element manger to see alarms then he told me what you see now, then i start to tell him about alarms i see then he told me OK do 12345...blablabalb then rbs clear then i moved to 2nd site and so on until now.
second day i called some dudes like me at work i figured out that they started like me but now all experience they got is just memorize steps of each alarm or each work order but they don't understand theory or you know they will not go to a better place or better company, you know i don't want that for my self,

then i start to search on internet after hard looking on the internet i knew about Alex and libraries and about this forum

so i cant tell you for now about system version but i will looking at work

but for now i got alex library RBS 2206, BSS R9.1 to R12 and 06A (edw:/alex?ID=1033&FN=alex.html&DB=RBS 2206, BSS R9.1 to R12 and 06A.alx) and WCDMA RBS 3206 P6 (CXP 901 2073 R5AG or later) (edw:/alex?ID=1032&FN=alex.html&DB=r1b_3206.alx)

i learned a lot from that about rbs cdu and dtru for 2000 family and about TX and RX units for 3000 famly but there is no alarm handling or some thing that make me understand and make feel that i am real engineering :D that what i want :)

i am sorry for that long post man bu i was afraid that people will start to think that i am lazy worker or some thing because i dont know which version the system is work on it lol or i don't know what BSS 0A mean :D or G12B but i will realy try

thank you and Best Regards

Mohamed kamal
2014-06-01, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=Optimustron;224221
Maybe some people in this forum can help more you, I'll try to find more documents for you. Best regards,[/QUOTE]
it's nice documents i will read it all i will devide it on 4 parts 50 page per part may be in 4 days max i will finish it i hope :)

thank you very much.

Optimustron
2014-06-01, 01:38 PM
I'm very happy for you because is the right thing that you are taking, you are moving to the right path because you need to understand to work better that only follow a list or steps to fix the BTS/NODE B, you will be far away from this day and you'll remember that with a smile because you are passing from academics to the real life, you will learn that there are people that is working like a robot and there are people that is thinking like you, please don't get tired of striving for excellence always ask when you don't know maybe many people don't answer you but when you knock the right door you will get big rewards and some day you will be behind of that door to answer somebody like you in this moment and then you'll smile.

I will try to look for documents related to your questions but I don't know how long take me to get those documents because I'm from optimization side not in the Field Service, I will ask for that documents to the E******* support but it will be very difficult because we are replacing E******* equipment and installing HUAWEI, that is the reason we don't have new releases of BSS but I will try and specially looking for documents related to equipment management, We only have GSM equipment from E******* our UMTS is enterily from HUAWEI too.

Best regards and don't miss the happiness to investigate despite the difficulties and adversities, kindly,

Mohamed kamal
2014-06-02, 05:19 AM
I'm very happy for you because is the right thing that you are taking, you are moving to the right path because you need to understand to work better that only follow a list or steps to fix the BTS/NODE B, you will be far away from this day and you'll remember that with a smile because you are passing from academics to the real life, you will learn that there are people that is working like a robot and there are people that is thinking like you, please don't get tired of striving for excellence always ask when you don't know maybe many people don't answer you but when you knock the right door you will get big rewards and some day you will be behind of that door to answer somebody like you in this moment and then you'll smile.

I will try to look for documents related to your questions but I don't know how long take me to get those documents because I'm from optimization side not in the Field Service, I will ask for that documents to the E******* support but it will be very difficult because we are replacing E******* equipment and installing HUAWEI, that is the reason we don't have new releases of BSS but I will try and specially looking for documents related to equipment management, We only have GSM equipment from E******* our UMTS is enterily from HUAWEI too.

Best regards and don't miss the happiness to investigate despite the difficulties and adversities, kindly,

that give me extra power :), thank you very much optimus, and once i will get involved with any one from E******* integration team i will ask about system release version in Vodafone/E*******/Egypt, one more thing i will mention when i finish the BSS integration document that you find for me.

thank you and Best Regards

Mohamed kamal
2014-06-07, 08:43 AM
Dear Optimus
i knew that the BSS release version in Egypt is G14 i hope you can help me