PDA

View Full Version : Question External Antenna gain of SwissQual tool many db gain extern

mimam
2014-05-27, 04:25 PM
Hello All, Does any body have an idea about SwissQual tool of how many db gain external antenna is being used in their equipment for Field testing

As the Rxlev/ RSCP results we got from dedicated/ connected modes is quite abnormal having around 98% of samples within better than -75 level.
Anybody has an idea of how to get user perception results through SwissQaul tool for level in 2G & 3G as I came to know that SwissQual handset being used is not having any internal antenna rather only must be connected to external antenna that is place at the roof of the car.

Thanks to share your experiences

RF engineer
2014-05-27, 10:27 PM
Dear

It is better to ask them because the external antenna for drive should be almost 0 gain ,

BR

electron
2014-05-28, 02:04 AM
Hi,

For SQ equipment external antenna having some gain and along with equipment there is an external attenuater which can adjust external antenna gain. So if you want to simulate simple user scenario it is better to adjust it to 0 dB gain. For more information i am recommending you to refer to antenna datasheet

Cheers
Hello All, Does any body have an idea about SwissQual tool of how many db gain external antenna is being used in their equipment for Field testing

As the Rxlev/ RSCP results we got from dedicated/ connected modes is quite abnormal having around 98% of samples within better than -75 level.
Anybody has an idea of how to get user perception results through SwissQaul tool for level in 2G & 3G as I came to know that SwissQual handset being used is not having any internal antenna rather only must be connected to external antenna that is place at the roof of the car.

Thanks to share your experiences