PDA

View Full Version : Question how to plan capacity for WCDMA?

minismsm
2014-04-15, 03:44 AM
Hello,

capacity planning in GSM network is easy and can be estimated using Earleng tables, but in UMTS i find it hard and I don`t know where to start ?

I want to know how to calculate number of sectors required in a certain area ( indoor system ) ,
also how many codes available in a single sector ?

tukz_27
2014-04-17, 11:26 PM
Hello,

capacity planning in GSM network is easy and can be estimated using Earleng tables, but in UMTS i find it hard and I don`t know where to start ?

I want to know how to calculate number of sectors required in a certain area ( indoor system ) ,
Hi minismsm,

Can you share capacity planning for GSM? Thanks in advance

dodotiro
2014-09-10, 10:18 AM
Hello,

read this post first. you can get an enlightment. hehehe

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?35876-Capacity-monitoring-guide-RAN-14&highlight=capacity

khurrambilal01
2014-09-10, 01:51 PM
Hello,

Hi Codes is fixed in each sector (Max 15 HSDSCH codes), while CE resources, Power and other licenses are designed based upon traffic model of UMTS and some basic assumptions (Like number of users to be supported, Coverage area, Services to be offered, per user Usage).