PDA

View Full Version : Admission Control PwrAdm Parameter

Weiland86
2014-03-26, 07:45 PM
Hello guys,

Dummie question for E******* equipment network i would like to do some test regarding to admission control behavior, basically I would like to force admission control to block rrc connections because of lack of DL power so i pretend to modify the parameter PwrAdm from 75 to 30 in order i have more probability to block access request, my question is about once i modified this parameter do i need to reinitiate the cell or something? and if so which parameter should I use to do it... this because it seems this parameter does not take effect inmediately.

Another question is if i would like to force to block rab establishment I mean let rrc connections establisht first but once the rab establisht request arrive block the rab.
how i can do this... some days ago i made a test changing DlCodeAdm parameter from 80 to 20 and 30 but the result was basically block rrc connections.

Thanks in advance

electron
2014-03-26, 08:19 PM
Hi,

For your first question pwrAdm change will give you the desired result of admission trigger due to lack of power during RRC connection.
Regarding your second question please explain more what exactly you want to do.

Cheers
Hello guys,

Dummie question for E******* equipment network i would like to do some test regarding to admission control behavior, basically I would like to force admission control to block rrc connections because of lack of DL power so i pretend to modify the parameter PwrAdm from 75 to 30 in order i have more probability to block access request, my question is about once i modified this parameter do i need to reinitiate the cell or something? and if so which parameter should I use to do it... this because it seems this parameter does not take effect inmediately.

Another question is if i would like to force to block rab establishment I mean let rrc connections establisht first but once the rab establisht request arrive block the rab.
how i can do this... some days ago i made a test changing DlCodeAdm parameter from 80 to 20 and 30 but the result was basically block rrc connections.

Thanks in advance

Weiland86
2014-03-26, 08:37 PM
Hi,

For your first question pwrAdm change will give you the desired result of admission trigger due to lack of power during RRC connection.
Regarding your second question please explain more what exactly you want to do.

Cheers

Hello electron,

bascially i need to force speech rabs blocks. i am testing a feature that help to load balance the name is admission block redirection, when rrc connections are block we have to options, cell re selection in another frequency or cell reselection to gsm depending on the establishment cause.

On the other hand if a speech rab connection is block the network will order to the ue to do a blind handover similar to a directed retry to gsm.

I hope my explanation be quite clear, anyways i am incluiding a picture about it. In addition regarding to pwradm do i need reinitiate the cell or something if so how i can do this... in the picture form my last comment the take effect comment says: Takes effect: Re-initiation of DL TX carrier power measurements. So i am not sure if i have to do something extra in order the parameter change take effect.

Thanks in advance

electron
2014-03-26, 09:18 PM
Hi,

Yes my friend i am familiar with this optional feature. Your approach for testing is correct. In same time i am recommending you from RBS side also change maximumtotalpower to -1 in this case RBS DL power starvation will be higher and admission trigger due to lack of DL power will dramatically increase in high utilized cells then you can check counter peg for admission block redirection feature . If you want to have such redirection due to lack of UL CE i am recommending you to increase admission trigger for EUL 2ms TTI users up to 16 then huge UL CE will be occupied and easily your criteria for lack of HW will be full filled and again your admission block redirection will be triggered.I hope it help you .

Cheers
Hello electron,

bascially i need to force speech rabs blocks. i am testing a feature that help to load balance the name is admission block redirection, when rrc connections are block we have to options, cell re selection in another frequency or cell reselection to gsm depending on the establishment cause.

On the other hand if a speech rab connection is block the network will order to the ue to do a blind handover similar to a directed retry to gsm.

I hope my explanation be quite clear, anyways i am incluiding a picture about it. In addition regarding to pwradm do i need reinitiate the cell or something if so how i can do this... in the picture form my last comment the take effect comment says: Takes effect: Re-initiation of DL TX carrier power measurements. So i am not sure if i have to do something extra in order the parameter change take effect.

Thanks in advance