PDA

View Full Version : MAC-HS Efficiency vs MAC-HS BLER

rumy
2014-03-25, 09:17 PM
Hi friends,

I've started this topic in order to have an interactive discussion about the HS QoS and the user data experience and its dependencies with the parameters you have used in order to get the best out of your network.
I would like everyone to share, from the experience, their thougths about these indicators and their network values. Also examples of how you improved user data experience (throughput) is much appreciated.
I have chosen to pull out the stats for each carrier (F0=U900, the rest is U2100) for a 30day history, from my NSN RU40 network.

Please share your experience including the INFO about Vendor, Stats.
Feel free to add also HSUPA stats if available.

HSDPA MAC-hs efficiency
HSDPA Successful transmission ratio i.e. efficiency of HSDPA data transmission between BTS and HSDPA Capable UEs done by MAC-hs. Based on successfully sent MAC-hs PDUs divided by totally sent MAC-hs PDUs. (Total number of all successful sent MAC-hs PDUs divided by total number of all transmitted MAC-hs PDUs (including retransmissions)).

MAC-hs PDUs, BLER
This KPI monitors the block error ratio (BLER) for MAC-hs PDUs. The formula used in the KPI is: 100*Sum(All_Discarded_PDU_Reasons)/(All_PDU_ReTransmited)

If you found useful this discussion please give a 10x.
PS. Ill try to attach a better resolution of the pics, currently I'm having issues with the attachments :(

khurrambilal01
2014-03-25, 10:10 PM
I have U900 + U2100 NW, but i can't see the attachment pics because of the quality, Can you please share better quality.

electron
2014-03-25, 10:11 PM
Hi,

There is a PDF counter in E/// statistics to check RBS HSDPA Scheduler and monitor its triggers for pooled resource shortage. It is called pmNoResourceCheck. I guess it will help you as well.It shows how many time RBS Scheduled has detected lack of Power resource, Lack of HS-PDSCH and lack of HS-SCCH. It is giving very goo idea about capacity related issues. Just find corresponding counter in NSN system as well.

Cheers
Hi friends,

I've started this topic in order to have an interactive discussion about the HS QoS and the user data experience and its dependencies with the parameters you have used in order to get the best out of your network.
I would like everyone to share, from the experience, their thougths about these indicators and their network values. Also examples of how you improved user data experience (throughput) is much appreciated.
I have chosen to pull out the stats for each carrier (F0=U900, the rest is U2100) for a 30day history, from my NSN RU40 network.

Please share your experience including the INFO about Vendor, Stats.
Feel free to add also HSUPA stats if available.

HSDPA MAC-hs efficiency
HSDPA Successful transmission ratio i.e. efficiency of HSDPA data transmission between BTS and HSDPA Capable UEs done by MAC-hs. Based on successfully sent MAC-hs PDUs divided by totally sent MAC-hs PDUs. (Total number of all successful sent MAC-hs PDUs divided by total number of all transmitted MAC-hs PDUs (including retransmissions)).

MAC-hs PDUs, BLER
This KPI monitors the block error ratio (BLER) for MAC-hs PDUs. The formula used in the KPI is: 100*Sum(All_Discarded_PDU_Reasons)/(All_PDU_ReTransmited)

If you found useful this discussion please give a 10x.
PS. Ill try to attach a better resolution of the pics, currently I'm having issues with the attachments :(

rumy
2014-03-25, 11:01 PM
Bad experience using attachment here :(
Please view these links:
Efficiency
http://www.4shared.com/download/BauL02UNba/HSDPA_Eff.png?lgfp=3000

Throughput (Avg thput per sess = user throughput!)
http://www.4shared.com/download/_xLSkRaTce/HSDPA_Thr.png?lgfp=3000