PDA

View Full Version : PS IRAT Improvement - RAC Configuration for GSM NBRs

khurrambilal01
2014-03-21, 05:34 PM
Hi experts,

for Huawei RAN 14/GBSS 14, What do you suggest for GSM NBR configuration, should we configure RAC configuration indication (RAC Configuration Indication) parameter to Required instead of not required? Will it help improving PS IRAT?

Any clues?

bawbag11
2014-03-26, 09:04 AM
Made no difference in my network. Seems more config work for no gain. Currently we have it off. Irat performance ok as long as PS on the GSM cell is not congested. Check usual suspects on the GSM side if the IRAT is poor,

Regards
BB

khurrambilal01
2014-03-26, 06:22 PM
Made no difference in my network. Seems more config work for no gain. Currently we have it off. Irat performance ok as long as PS on the GSM cell is not congested. Check usual suspects on the GSM side if the IRAT is poor,

Regards
BB

I configured RAC for GSM NBR relations and PS IRAT success rate reduced after that and i reverted back the settings, I am not sure why it happened because if Target/Source have different RAC then location update has to occur from SGSN side in any case even if RAC is not configured.

IRAT PS SR % was around 91% so to improve it i have pushed 2D/2F values to keep PS users on U900 layer because even with bad EcNo (-15/-16) still they will have better throughput compared with EDGE on 2G. any other suggestions to improve PS IRAT apart from congestion on 2G? Should i prioritize 1800 NBRs? because G900 band BCCH has bad quality compared with G1800 after we cut 4.6 Mhz band from G900 to launch U900.