PDA

View Full Version : Best vendor in LTE

eritelecom
2014-03-15, 11:12 PM
Hi experts,

I would like to ask u, according to ur experience, about the best LTE vendor in terms of quality of service, technology (features) and market share.
Is there a possibility to work on LTE projects by just well understanding the LTE technonology (without experience on live netwrok) ?
any other advice is wellcome from u

electron
2014-03-15, 11:27 PM
Hi eritelecom,

In my experience E/// is the best on and high rank for quality and technology, But Huawei is also good. I guess you gonna deploy LTE network am i right ?

Cheers
Hi experts,

I would like to ask u, according to ur experience, about the best LTE vendor in terms of quality of service, technology (features) and market share.
Is there a possibility to work on LTE projects by just well understanding the LTE technonology (without experience on live netwrok) ?
any other advice is wellcome from u

eritelecom
2014-03-16, 01:27 AM
thank u electron for ur quick reply. we didn't get the lte license but i'm looking to work on freelance oversea

electron
2014-03-16, 01:39 AM
Actually without experience is very hard to enter to market for LTE currently. Wish you good luck by the way.

Cheers
thank u electron for ur quick reply. we didn't get the lte license but i'm looking to work on freelance oversea

SCHERIFFHELMY
2014-03-16, 03:41 AM
Hi my Friend
no doubt NSN is far better than E******* and Huawei for many reasons
first DL MIMO 8X8 reaching practicaly 1.3GBps , first to implement ATCA in the LTE core
NSN LTE is already choosen by best operators

gunpowder
2014-03-16, 04:43 AM
i think Huawei/NSN are the Best in terms of features

eritelecom
2014-03-17, 06:21 AM
the discussion is going to be rich. we need participation of other experts to share this useful knowledge.

thank u all

Mdaf
2014-03-18, 01:49 AM
http://blogs.nsn.com/mobile-networks/2013/04/24/governmental-audit-in-korea-confirms-best-lte-network-quality-from-nokia-siemens-networks/

eritelecom
2014-09-11, 06:03 PM
can anyone publish the Lte market share between vendors ?

tremalnike
2014-09-12, 02:31 AM
Sweeden and China lead for now with almost equal results at the moment :p.Finland is third

firstmaxim
2014-09-12, 02:48 AM
Huawei has the largest market share for both 3G, LTE and single RAN.

You need to get practical exposure from any one vendor. Once, you work on any one of the vendors, adapting to the other vendor equipment should not be difficult.

T_ADD
2014-09-12, 10:11 AM
We are currently at the LTE RFP evaluation stage. 3 vendors, Huawei, ZTE, and ALU have presented. Since we are a small market, E*******, and NSN didn't even respond so can't say much on them.

Huawei support very feature rich equipment software. You name a feature up to release 12, they have it but for a price. They also have started to use ATCA and cabinets are reasonable sizes.

Huawei may have copied many designs from ALU so ALU is quite similar to Huawei in terms of rack size, radio indoor and outdoor units though ALU have a little more compact eNBs and are a leader in small cells, unified gateways. There features seem to be released patiently rather than like Huawei. This to me seems more realistic. Huawei's MML is robust and absolutely desirable and intuitive.

ZTE is crap. There equipment is of lower quality, catches rust easily, lots of call drops, not feature rich. Vodafone here uses their equipment.

Conclusion, ALU may be a bit more better than Huawei. NSN I know are very good too. Most LTE book authors today are from NSN R&D. E******* may be the best in quality but they sure are expensive too.

srilasitha
2014-09-12, 07:27 PM
LTE vendor Market analysis

http://nsn.com/system/files/document/idc_marketscape_worldwide_lte_vendor_analysis_2013.pdf

Of course this is biased to NSN :p

srilasitha
2014-09-12, 08:54 PM
Good analysis on LTE market.

About vendors this states

"E*******, Huawei and Nokia dominate the LTE network infrastructure market. Although Huawei has the most LTE contracts, E******* has the greatest market share when estimated in terms of contract value. Over the past 36 months, E******* has seen a decline in share to 26 percent, and Huawei and Nokia have increased their share to 22 and 21 percent, respectively, with Huawei seeing the largest increase in market share."

http://www.tolaga.com/publications/2014/tolagaLTELeadersandLaggards0514.aspx

basit_engineer
2014-09-14, 04:56 AM
NSN has very powerful algorithms but their road map is lagging to Huawei and E//. Moreover, their market share is still far behind E// and Huawei. I will not mark any one of them as the best, but E// is quite mature than others

rumy
2014-09-16, 05:47 PM
depends of what you are looking at..
if your Physical layer/ Scheduling is the priority then Samsung is among the best (freescale is designing its FFTs)
if you want a good SON/ features then I guess the big vendors like Eri/ NSN are better

NPERF
2014-11-20, 04:15 PM
Do any ine have an excel sheet comparing EnodeB specification of BTS vendor. It will be very useful in the forum for best practice implementation during vendor selection

NPERF
2014-11-20, 04:24 PM
Can any one fill this sheet ... I am trying to comapre the diffrent vendor Enode Bs

Will be helpfull