PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help::Good DL higher MCS codec usage and EDGE Throughput but poor in the UL

parsarka
2014-03-13, 06:14 AM
Dear experts,
We are observing that in most of the sites good DL higher MCS codec usage(MCS7-9) and EDGE Throughput but both are very poor in the UL.network is GSM -NSN with RG20

Request to please provide the reason for this problem and an urgent solution to the same and what are the things to be checked.

BR//

parsarka
2014-03-13, 03:42 PM
Experts pleas help!!

khurrambilal01
2014-03-13, 05:38 PM
Check below:
1-MCS usage in UL
2-check CS Quality in UL either it is bad or ok
3-what are the settings for default MCS selection in UL?
4-How much is you average EDGE throughput per TSL in UL? It should be around 25-35kbps per TSL.
5-How are you checking UL Throughput from stats or DT? If DT then did you upload some file? or just checking UL while downloading some file...
6-What is RLC Retransmission rate in UL compared to DL?

auto_art
2014-03-13, 05:44 PM
generlly it hovers around 40 kbps. hoy much u have?

parsarka
2014-03-27, 02:32 PM
Check below:
1-MCS usage in UL
2-check CS Quality in UL either it is bad or ok
3-what are the settings for default MCS selection in UL?
4-How much is you average EDGE throughput per TSL in UL? It should be around 25-35kbps per TSL.
5-How are you checking UL Throughput from stats or DT? If DT then did you upload some file? or just checking UL while downloading some file...
6-What is RLC Retransmission rate in UL compared to DL?
1.MCS-UL-->Very poor and doesnt go beyond 2
2.CS RXQ-OK
3.MCS Selection:A=5 & U=6 Its the same for all the sites
4.EDGE Thrpt/TSL:32K
5.Processing is being done by ACTIX only and UL thrput is being taken
6.RLC Retrans is a bit more than DL
7.Compared to Pre swap in the post swap the UL 2 TSL allocation% has reduced from 60% to 20% for these sites
8.Can increasing GPRS Territory & DAP size improve the scenario incase soft blocking/DAP congestion is observed due to size??

khurrambilal01
2014-03-27, 04:16 PM
If your retransmission is not very high and CS RxQ UL is also ok, then i don't think there is issue with your C/I, Issue is with resource as you mentioned 2 TSL allocation has dropped by 40% which definitely directs drops the UL Throughput...

Next Step: You have to see either capacity issue is at Radio side (Hard/Soft blocking) or ABIS side (DAP congestion) and increase capacity.

alibushehri
2014-04-09, 02:57 PM
To me first statement of yours (MCS-UL-->Very poor and doesn't go beyond 2) is more alarming than the number of resources, while you don't have much of retransmission than your DL scenario.
One of the reasons to have low MCS in EDGE can be due to multiplexing of GPRS and EDGE TBFs; so my question is how is multiplexing in your network. there are 2 counters showing this, one is EDGE TBFs in GPRS territory and the other one is GPRS TBFs in EDGE territory. Also you need to look at TBF per Timeslot in UL.

another question is, do you have UL power control for GPRS/EDGE activated in your network or not. If the answer is yes, then maybe there is a problem in the settings of that feature.

plannerguy
2014-04-10, 11:19 PM
Hi

if possible pls try feature EDA(extended dynamic allocation) and UIR(Uplink inceremantal redudancy).

Rgds
Plannerguy

parsarka
2014-04-16, 04:26 PM
To me first statement of yours (MCS-UL-->Very poor and doesn't go beyond 2) is more alarming than the number of resources, while you don't have much of retransmission than your DL scenario.
One of the reasons to have low MCS in EDGE can be due to multiplexing of GPRS and EDGE TBFs; so my question is how is multiplexing in your network. there are 2 counters showing this, one is EDGE TBFs in GPRS territory and the other one is GPRS TBFs in EDGE territory. Also you need to look at TBF per Timeslot in UL.

another question is, do you have UL power control for GPRS/EDGE activated in your network or not. If the answer is yes, then maybe there is a problem in the settings of that feature.
Thanks so much for your valuable suggestions...will chk the same and update...

parsarka
2014-04-16, 04:27 PM
If your retransmission is not very high and CS RxQ UL is also ok, then i don't think there is issue with your C/I, Issue is with resource as you mentioned 2 TSL allocation has dropped by 40% which definitely directs drops the UL Throughput...

Next Step: You have to see either capacity issue is at Radio side (Hard/Soft blocking) or ABIS side (DAP congestion) and increase capacity.
Thanks so much for your valuable suggestions...will chk the same and update...