PDA

View Full Version : HSPA uplink throughput increase impact on capacity

Rodbar
2014-03-13, 12:01 AM
Hi all!

Could you help me to answer this question?

"What is the impact of double only the maximum uplink throughput per user of a HSPA network on NodeB and other interfaces capacity regarding CE number and code three ocupation? I mean: if we have a maximum uplink throughput of 200 kpbs per user on a hypothetical HSPA network and increase only this limit to 400kbps, what is the impact on CE and code capacity of the NodeBs? And what if we increase it again to 800 kbps?"

Initially I thought that the relation between UL and DL would change proportionally but despite the UL throughput increases, the ocupation time of the "channel" would decrease.

In other hand, if we increase the uplink throughput, it could affect the Ec/No relation because the UEs would transmits in a higher power in order to achieve a higher modulation and consequently this effect could cause an increase on network noise floor?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

RB

khurrambilal01
2014-03-13, 05:46 PM
If you double your HSUPA throughput then your capacity is going to reduce in UL because you are transmitting more power in UL and using more Code resources (in DL for signalling channels and SHO factor might also increase), CE consumption is going to increase exponentially, and you might face CE congestion at some peak intervals even if usage is going to reduce because demand now from each user is more at any instant...

Secondly there might not be much impact on EcNo but your RTWP is anyhow going to increase which is directly proportional to your UL capacity....

If you are using 2ms TTI for HSUPA it will further increase CE utilization and RTWP...

Rodbar
2014-03-13, 09:55 PM
Thank you for your answer! In fact it was exactly as I thought regarding the code utilization. Do you even saw any graphic with a relationship between increasing of maximum throughput per user and the impact on network capacity?

Thanks again!

BR,

RB