PDA

View Full Version : Huawei auto-adaptive background noise

mirc84
2014-02-19, 07:23 PM
Hey,
I would like to better understand the background noise algo of huawei. Do you have some thoughts for me? Thanks!

1. Background noise and RTWP (among other metrics) are used for CAC algo 1 and 3, right?

2. CAC algo 4 uses actual ul service load which considers RTWP, total ul service load and ul min guaranteed service load. I understood that those metrics are reported by NodeB if the hardware supports. Could you tell me which hardware supports reporting such information, or where I could find this info?

3. BgnUpdateThd limits the amount of bgr noise updates from RNC to NodeB. For CAC algo 1 and 3 the NodeB does not need to know the background noise value because the admission is done by RNC, the nodeB only reports the RTWP, right?

4. For CAC algo 4 the nodeB needs to know the background noise to accurately report the ul service load, right? (thus the necessity of BgnUpdateThr parameter)

5. Huawei default background noise is 61 which means -112+61/10=-105.9 dbm. Bgr noise depends on temperature; could you tell me which temperature was considered for this value?

6. I calculated the like this bgr noise =10*LOG(1000*(20+273.15)*1.38*10^-23*3.84*10^6) = -108.08 dbm. The values I got are far away from -105.9dbm, what did I missed? Is it the hardware noise figure?

7. Over one year period the temperature could vary from 40C to -10C. What would be the disadvantage to activate the auto-update algo over 24h and not only during 1AM to 6AM as recommended?