PDA

View Full Version : RS Power in LTE

forumuser-2008
2014-01-24, 08:07 PM
Dear friends,

Do you know how to calculate RS power per subcarrier in LTE? I found following information from sites which I am confused with it:

PRB: 50
BW: 10Mhz
SubCarrier: 12
Max Power: 43dbm

RS Power per SubCarrier = 43 - 10log(50*12) = 15.22dbm

I am not sure the above calculation is correct or not. If it is correct, then it means UE power (23db) is more than eNodeB power? And in this case how the RSRP get negative value? etc...

Philippe
2014-01-24, 11:38 PM
Yes, the RS Power per subcarrier is lower than the total MS power.
If you compare the EIRP, you will take into account eNodeB antenna gain (around 18dBi e.g. in 1.8GHz or 2.6GHz LTE band) while the MS antenna gain is around 0dB. So higher EIRP for RS.
Secondly, RSRP= RS EIRP - pathloss attenuation. That is why RSRP is negative. Nothing related to MS power (unless you mean you use it to compute maximum pathloss attenuation from link budget).

forumuser-2008
2014-01-25, 10:32 PM
Thanks Philippe,

So the above calculation is correct for RS Power?

Yes, the RS Power per subcarrier is lower than the total MS power.
If you compare the EIRP, you will take into account eNodeB antenna gain (around 18dBi e.g. in 1.8GHz or 2.6GHz LTE band) while the MS antenna gain is around 0dB. So higher EIRP for RS.
Secondly, RSRP= RS EIRP - pathloss attenuation. That is why RSRP is negative. Nothing related to MS power (unless you mean you use it to compute maximum pathloss attenuation from link budget).