PDA

View Full Version : Question Fast return to LTE after call release on GSM

muhammadbillal
2014-01-23, 03:45 AM
Hi everyone,
Has anyone ever tried this feature? What are the issues associated with this feature?? I want to activate this feature in the network where I am working.
Thanks,
BR,
Muhammad

lq182
2014-01-28, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone,
Has anyone ever tried this feature? What are the issues associated with this feature?? I want to activate this feature in the network where I am working.
Thanks,
BR,
Muhammad

What is the vendor? I tried to use it in E******* G12B and switched it off imediatelly when I realised that all calls were redirected to LTE even if they did not start in LTE as a CSFB. E******* still need to work on the algorithm and at least redirect only after a csfb. Redirection to no-LTE coverage leads to the UE being not accesibile for aprox 10-20 seconds.

srilasitha
2014-01-29, 08:42 PM
Hi,

This works fine in Huawei GBSS14.0 but found handover success rate issues when we activate this in ZTE

muhammadbillal
2014-01-29, 10:55 PM
@lq182: Vendor is E******* G13B. So what is the issue with LTE capable mobiles getting redirected to LTE even if they did not perform a CSFB in the first place? Was it degrading any KPI on either side(2G or LTE)?

And yes I agree that paging outage time is around 10-15 sec for low LTE coverage areas(same for 3G as well).

lq182
2014-01-30, 03:14 AM
Lets imagine that you have a town with no LTE coverage. Every LTE UE ending a 2G call will be redirected to search for LTE earfcn being un-reachable for 20seconds, missing pages. Or if the user initiates a new call during this redirection the setup time will be longer with around 5 - 10 seconds. You might want to assess the first page success rate but I think is more about user experience.
At least for fast return to LTE from WCDMA this redirect is done only if the call was initiated through a CSFB therefore you might assume that you are still in LTE coverage .

rafavcc
2014-01-31, 09:46 PM
Hi guys.

i tried to activated in an network with LTE coverage. The site already has Fast Return to WCDMA. What happened is that the counters for Fast Return to LTE and Fast Return to WCDMA: DISRET3G went from 1000 to 0, and DISRETLTE went from 0 to 50.

The activation of FR to LTE makes impossible for the mobiles to receive the information for UMTS? Do you have any procedure for activating and working with both features?

Thanks in advance.