PDA

View Full Version : Lte redirection with carrier info

mutley2202
2014-01-14, 07:08 AM
Hi all,
Please can you advise what occurs if UE is released from LTE with redirection to utran frequency, if the UE can't find the frequency advised in the redirect what process does the UE go to ? Does it start cell selection ?

incoincov
2014-01-15, 04:25 AM
Hi,

If the UE cannot find an appropriate cell @ the indicated utran frequency the UE can reselect a cell at another frequency and even other RAT.

mirc84
2014-01-17, 11:04 PM
Yes, the UE (if it is not forced into a specific frequency or technology or if it walks out of the LTE coverage!!!!! or if the ue cannot find the specified frequency(because the freq was incorrectly set)) it should select other technology.
Please note that during cell reselection the calls are lost!
I found somewhere the reselection time is 10 seconds for pre Rel10 and n seconds for Rel10 UEs (where n means number of freq). I can search the exact info and send it to you if you are interested.

mutley2202
2014-01-29, 06:47 AM
Yes, the UE (if it is not forced into a specific frequency or technology or if it walks out of the LTE coverage!!!!! or if the ue cannot find the specified frequency(because the freq was incorrectly set)) it should select other technology.
Please note that during cell reselection the calls are lost!
I found somewhere the reselection time is 10 seconds for pre Rel10 and n seconds for Rel10 UEs (where n means number of freq). I can search the exact info and send it to you if you are interested.

Yes please, if you could send that it would be appreciated.

mirc84
2014-02-03, 11:50 PM
Here is the extract from Huawei doc. i tried to find the same info in google or 3gpp but i did not find.... I hope it helps.

The Fast Return from UMTS to LTE feature is introduced to reduce the time and improve user experience.

This feature applies to the areas that are jointly covered by UMTS and LTE networks and where the LTE network signal quality is satisfactory.

If the LTE network signal quality is poor, for example, when an RRC CONNECTION RELEASE message contains information about n (a positive integer) LTE frequencies whose signal quality is poor:

UEs complying with a version earlier than 3GPP Release 10 select a suitable LTE cell from the LTE cells using n LTE frequencies. The selection lasts for at least 10 seconds. If no suitable LTE cell is found, these UEs select a suitable LTE cell from the LTE cells using frequencies supported by these UEs. If a suitable LTE cell is still not found, these UEs randomly camp on a suitable cell.
UEs complying with 3GPP Release 10 or later select a suitable LTE cell from the LTE cells using n LTE frequencies. The selection lasts for at least n seconds. If no suitable LTE cell is found, these UEs select a suitable LTE cell from the LTE cells using frequencies supported by these UEs. The selection lasts for 4 seconds. If a suitable LTE cell is still not found, these UEs randomly camp on a suitable cell.

scorpion
2014-02-04, 12:17 AM
Can somebody post the related L3 Message here for our reference...