PDA

View Full Version : Question LTE Network Sharing

Ryurikovich
2014-01-06, 11:25 PM
Happy New Year dear colleagues!

Could anyone give me a list of disadvantages of the LTE Network Sharing?
Is anybody here who have real experience in this question?

Many thanks in advance!

steeldragon
2014-01-09, 12:54 AM
I think there is a little peple had known and experienced about this because it isnt popular in many mobile operator, it only on lab

Ryurikovich
2014-01-09, 03:15 AM
Thank you. I also think so, but hope to find the expert opinion.

For example, I think the disadvantage number one are common antennas. No possibility to optimize each network separately.

hvitved
2014-01-09, 03:55 AM
http://ec.europa.eu/competition/ecn/brief/02_2012/dk_mobile.pdf

Number 2 and 3 in DK is doing a MOCN currently, LTE has been shared, and UMTS is almost complete, then GSM will follow in 2014.

The largest benefit is the option to create a better footprint, with the larger owned spectrum, and cost savings on fewer positions compared to two almost identical grids.
The major downsite is obviously that the companys are locked to compete on services, not radio; but it appears that most customers sees coverage as something given, and chose their subscriptions based on services, so the benefits outrun the disadvantages.

Philippe
2014-01-09, 05:06 PM
A nice presentation presenting the different levels of Network sharing and the operational impacts:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/tech/events/2011/CrossReg_BWA_Chisinau_October11/Presentations/CrossReg_Broadband_2011_Presentation_P21.pdf

MINTO
2014-01-10, 10:34 AM
i worked on Network Sharing (shared ran)....1 operator gain can be many disadvantages to other in terms of capacity mainly and optimization also

Ryurikovich
2014-01-11, 05:39 AM
i worked on Network Sharing (shared ran)....1 operator gain can be many disadvantages to other in terms of capacity mainly and optimization also

Hi Minto

Could you please give more information.

scorpion
2014-01-12, 03:19 AM

How the sharing is done ? Roaming method ?