PDA

View Full Version : Question Calculate utilization efficiency of Node B

mypp
2014-01-04, 11:49 AM
Dear Bro,

Please give me an idea how to calculate utilization efficiency of Node B ? ( based on channel elements or code channels or power .....)

Thanks.

electron
2014-01-04, 01:15 PM
as u mentioned Node B utilization can be evaluated based on all type of resources separately.

Cheers
Dear Bro,

Please give me an idea how to calculate utilization efficiency of Node B ? ( based on channel elements or code channels or power .....)

Thanks.

mypp
2014-01-04, 10:16 PM
as u mentioned Node B utilization can be evaluated based on all type of resources separately.

Cheers

To calculate utilization efficiency of Node B, what resource should be based on and how ?

Nyquist
2014-01-06, 04:59 AM
Hi.
Usually there are counters that show the utilization of the different resources in the node and also you know (and the system) the maximum allowed. So, it is easy to calculate what is the utilization.
e.g. Channel elements: number of CE used in Busy Hour (UL and DL)
I hope it helps

dodotiro
2014-09-24, 02:30 PM
IMHO, averaging all resources's utilization is best practice ( IUB, CE, Power, Code )

auto_art
2014-09-24, 02:53 PM
u need to check all separate..e.g. code, power, CE.

Jerry
2014-09-24, 07:22 PM
separated resources: DL power, CE, code, Iub. should take at busy hour

perimedes
2014-09-24, 07:23 PM
It depends about what you consider to be efficiency, and what you consider to be a Node.
Suppose we measure the efficiency as the aggregated efficiency of the carriers in the Node.
And suppose also that we measure efficiency as the amount of traffic carried during a period of time against a basic ressource utilization.
Think about a HSDPA carrier.
For the downlink, let's say we consider efficiency as the amount of data volume in MB that the node has carried on the busy hour against the ocupation of TTI in the same hour. This ratio is clear and allow to compare Nodes. Occupation of TTI's is a basic counter as it is data volume. if we agree that all Nodes B have the same number of codes, power, CE's, as it is the normal way, this is quiet useful.
For the uplink, efficiency is more complicated. Think about a HSUPA node. Noise, and noise floor intervene. TTI here has not the same meaning (not to say TTI scheme is more complicated with 2 ms and 10 ms TTI). Besides, power and codes depends on the UE's around. Moreover, soft handover adds complexity and is imposible to measure 'efficiency' (whatever you mean by this word) in an isolated way, you need to take into account the mean active set. My best advice is to measure data carried on during busy hour against Rise Over Termal on the carrier along the same busy hour.
Regards

Alex_R
2014-09-24, 08:20 PM
If you use Huawei equipment, you can refer to monitor Tab in the LMT