PDA

View Full Version : Drop Due to "Radio Interface Procedure" and "radio Lost connection to the UE" in 3G

oucht79
2014-01-03, 07:07 AM
Dear Team,
Please can someone tell me the difference between the drop due to "Radio Interface Procedure" and "Lost connection to the UE"
your help is too much appreciated

Thanks.

agenov
2014-01-03, 02:55 PM
Radio Interface Procedure failure - an example, you have SHO procedure i,e the RNC sends Active Set Update message then starts its internal waiting timer , since there is not response from the UE within this timer failure in the procedure is recorded. The same is with the other radio interface procedures and based on waiting timer expiration.. The reasons could be many , from radio condition, hardware issues etc. in general case per case.
UE connection lost - an example, the NodeB reports to the RNC that it can not maintain anymore the physical layer sync with the particular UE and the RNC releases the connection. Again, this is based on the UL/DL radio connection conditions that is most commonly case/high load/ but also could be due to hardware issues, Iub etc.

br
alex

Dear Team,
Please can someone tell me the difference between the drop due to "Radio Interface Procedure" and "Lost connection to the UE"
your help is too much appreciated

Thanks.

oucht79
2014-01-04, 12:00 AM
Thanks a lot Alex