PDA

View Full Version : 2G/3G

asad1
2013-11-25, 10:49 PM
Hi

I have done drive test in one area and the scenario is

MO calls : 95% 2G 5% 3G
MT calls : 4% 2G 96%3G

MO and MT handsets are at same place. Can any one have experience like that ? and what could be the possibly reason ?

Thanks

Optimustron
2013-11-26, 12:47 AM
Maybe you have in you system the voice forced to 2G and when you are originating a call the system then prefers 2G, however when you are in IDLE MODE you can have better conditions por paging in 3G, i.e. the paging is better in 3G or maybe the cells for 2G are congested in paging or maybe your signal stregth is better in 3G and at first place it takes the first system at hand then almost immediately call can be handed over to 2G, the other possibility is that the mobile isn't in idle mode instead is in connected mode in PCH/URA state then is easy to get connected in 3G instead of 2G, however is a strange behaviour because if you force in your system the voice to GSM then the scenarios must be almost the same if not the priority must be of 3G if both mobiles are dual mode, by the way check if both mobiles are running free, i.e. not forced to a band, if not the only thing is more likely is about the rate of paging successful in both systems or paging congestione in 2G. Maybe somebody can give us another approach, I hope this can help you, best regards,

mirc84
2013-11-26, 03:28 PM
1. Check where the MT mobile reselect/ho to 3G and compare to MO.
I suspect that the MO phone does not reselect 3G because of a delayed reselection and it also did not HO to 3G due to some wrong parameters/settings. Maybe the MT phone managed to reselect 3G at some point and staied there for the hole DT while the MO phone did not have the chance to go to 3G (maybe because it was busy with calls :))

2. Maybe a stupid advice, could you try to switch the phones? Set the one that is MO to MT and vice versa. In this way you eliminate the posibility of broken phone/firmware/etc.

I hope it helps. If you already checked please give more details.

asad1
2013-11-26, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Next dt for that route is not planned before new year. Just want to make sure our end that everything is okay.

If any body has document regarding nemo analyze for DT analysis and KPI Statistics for voice and data then mail me on amch1982@yahoo.com

Thanks