PDA

View Full Version : Question Mentum Planet VS Aircom

atit
2013-11-24, 05:42 PM
Dears expert

Please we need to know the powerful features in mentum planet compared with other tool like aircom:confused:.

Best Regards

ali56s
2013-11-24, 07:47 PM
I used atoll and aircom in some real project but used planet for test onlyi think atoll is best (with crosswave)now x64 version with oracle database is possible for atoll
AIRCOM is good too but very difficult then atoll and have very bug and need good support
BR

radio_network
2013-11-24, 08:05 PM
is interference matrix generation is good in planet compared to atoll.

DCA
2013-11-24, 10:18 PM
@atit
Mentum is more powerful then Aircom (Asset is buggy and therefore releasing bugfixing at least once a month to introduce more bugs :lol).
Atoll is small and powerfull but missing some nice stuff like interfacing with indoor capabilities. On the other hand it has a nice API for thirth n.
If your are familair with programming it can be the only tool you ever wanted.
Mentum is much easier to adapt to any technology then any other tool (one of the reason I like it more then other).
( ATDI can do that also but is more complex and critical to failures.)

But all this tools are just a GUI to do job.
Properly modeled it really depends on the user and could give the same results.
Esspecially now the can use the same Orange prop-model(Crosswave/UniveralModel/Myriad)

@radio_network
interference matrices are not the real problem; if the prop model is fine it will be fine with all tools you choose. To get an AFP to deal with it properly is another discussion :funk:

lejun
2013-11-24, 10:50 PM
The most powerful feature of Aircom is Data Management (good for big project!). I can not see this one in Atoll (not sure with Mentum Planet :lol)

ivankokorin
2013-11-24, 11:14 PM
Atoll very good for local projects and easy to learn

dekili
2013-11-25, 07:48 AM
Atoll is rather nice if you have a local project. Goes very nice on a single, standalone machine. Planet seems to have better propagation modeling and better engine comparing to Aircom. In the case of Aircom it requires support from 3rd party like Vulcano to have precise propagation modeling. Also, Aircom is most complicated tool to use it. On the other side, their consulting is the best comparing to Planet and Atoll.
Cheers

ali56s
2013-11-25, 05:33 PM
dekili pz see DCA post
he told correct:
Properly modeled it really depends on the user and could give the same results.
Esspecially now the can use the same Orange prop-model(Crosswave/UniveralModel/Myriad)
i confirm master dca
BR

dmitry28
2013-11-25, 09:47 PM
I do not agree. Indoor planning supported Atoll. There are plug-ins from WinProp and IbWave. Also, a full 64-bit architecture allows to calculate accurately (step 2m) and a huge number of subscribers in the Monte Carlo simulation. Supports formats maps from Asset and mentum. If not a lot of planners, you can use as a database access. This no requires a special skills and easy to use.

zoro78
2013-11-27, 05:27 AM
Hi I have tried both for long time. both (asset and planet) tools are professional and creative planning tools, here below some comments:

Asset:
- based on Oracle database which gives it stability and complexity on the same time
- need a lot of support to configure and to work with
- Special Geo data required
- for me it seems IT based guys are developing this tool
- Import and export to this tool using xml makes my life as nightmare

Planet:
- based flat files database gives it simplicity and unsuitability but it can be based on Oracle database which gives it stability and complexity on the same time
- No need for support to configure and to work with but it you require support with advanced options if you goo that deep using the tool
- Mapinfo Geo data required
- for me it seems telecom based guys are developing this tool
- Import and export to this tool using excel makes life easier but unstable some times