PDA

View Full Version : Question 2G/3G Congestion

asad1
2013-11-14, 05:52 PM
Hi

I have one query regarding congestion. Here is the case

" I want to offload 2G/3G site in city center area. Site is running on maximum capacity so we cant increase anything on hardware side.
So how to offload this site by parameter tunning " Kindly share personal experience and any document related to that

Thanks

babak1349
2013-11-14, 06:03 PM
Hi

I have one query regarding congestion. Here is the case

" I want to offload 2G/3G site in city center area. Site is running on maximum capacity so we cant increase anything on hardware side.
So how to offload this site by parameter tunning " Kindly share personal experience and any document related to that

Thanks
For 3G what is the blocking for that site ? Code? Power? CE ? Do you have low throughput on HS?
So you need to be more specific
But anyway.... for 3G you can activate SRB3.6 and AMR to reduce the load or you can reduce the static allocated codes For HS
It is suggested to optimize as well the footprint of your cell and try to reduce overlapping with the neighboring cells
Yuo can make cell to cell relation unbalanced in order to select cells with lower load or in Active set you can change CIO to reduce load of congested cells
You can push more HS users to FACH
Yuo can change the maximum power allowed per Radio link to reduce the power consumption

Check if you have too many RRC attempts and what is the reason and so you can reduce it
You can change power level for dedicated channel like as PO2 and so on..........