PDA

View Full Version : Question optimization of "pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX" counter

auto_art
2013-09-25, 04:25 PM
hi folks

i am having issue with the counter pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX (http://www.finetopix.com/#TOP). (- Indicates in what degree the HSDPA traffic in downlink is limited by the Iub/Iur interfaces, between SRNC and RBS). kindly suggest to optimize pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX (http://www.finetopix.com/#TOP).

my issues

- i have no blocking on Iub node blocking counters i.e. pmNoRabEstBlockTnPsIntHsBest then why the perfornace is being limited.

P.S:- i have tried increase Iub capacity on couple of sites the problem get resolved. can i do some optimization on ATM VC on Iubs of these sites so i can gain something without adding additional E1.

electron
2013-09-25, 07:53 PM
above comment please

cheers
hi folks

i am having issue with the counter pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX (http://www.finetopix.com/#TOP). (- Indicates in what degree the HSDPA traffic in downlink is limited by the Iub/Iur interfaces, between SRNC and RBS). kindly suggest to optimize pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX (http://www.finetopix.com/#TOP).

my issues

- i have no blocking on Iub node blocking counters i.e. pmNoRabEstBlockTnPsIntHsBest then why the perfornace is being limited.

P.S:- i have tried increase Iub capacity on couple of sites the problem get resolved. can i do some optimization on ATM VC on Iubs of these sites so i can gain something without adding additional E1.

electron
2013-09-25, 07:56 PM
Your problem is not in Iub part it is in higher level between L2 and L3 switches. Ask IP core guys to check bandwidth between them(From transmission Hob -->L2 switch-->L3 Switched->RNC . With radio part available counter you can not catch it but its effect will be in the mentioned counter
Your problem is not in Iub part it is in higher level between L2 and L3 switches. Ask IP core guys to check bandwidth with radio part available counter you can not catch it but its effect will be in the mentioned counter

cheers

auto_art
2013-09-25, 08:08 PM
but it got solved with adding more E1 on Iub no one changed the config on switch.!

can u elaborate more..

electron
2013-09-25, 08:17 PM
in some cases there is shortage of Iub capacity as per traffic demand which by expanding bandwidth problem will be solved ; But in some cases as much u are adding nothing will change i am talking about second case there is another counter which can give you better picture as well.

Cheers
but it got solved with adding more E1 on Iub no one changed the config on switch.!

can u elaborate more..

sabila
2013-09-26, 12:07 AM
please check the quality of your transmission first
may be flickering or degraded BER

auto_art
2013-09-26, 01:24 PM
in some cases there is shortage of Iub capacity as per traffic demand which by expanding bandwidth problem will be solved ; But in some cases as much u are adding nothing will change i am talking about second case there is another counter which can give you better picture as well.

Cheers

which additional counter i should check.? to find out prob at BW on TX hop-L2-L3 level

auto_art
2013-09-26, 01:25 PM
please check the quality of your transmission first
may be flickering or degraded BER

there there is no that kind problem.

electron
2013-09-26, 01:39 PM
U can check pmHsDataFrameDelayIubSpi03 to check is there any limitation on any media from RBS to higher node which will cause low HS throughput or not . It is an indication or low bandwidth in transport and hence RBS buffer delay will increase consequently.I faced this problem by my own and experienced it . Hope it give you some better idea.

Cheers
which additional counter i should check.? to find out prob at BW on TX hop-L2-L3 level

ninjafine
2013-09-29, 03:57 AM
hi folks

my issues

Hi, auto_art!

"i have no blocking on Iub node blocking counters i.e. pmNoRabEstBlockTnPsIntHsBest then why the perfornace is being limited."
This is because pmNoRabEstBlockTnPsIntHsBest indicates very huge problem, you don't have IuB capacity even to establish bearer
without any PS user data. So this counter related with CSSR.

pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX is not connected with CSSR, it indicates how HS user throughput of established RABs is suffering due to lack of IuB capacity.

So here if we are talking about ATM it is strongly recommended to add E1s. You may use your counter to understand exactly
in what degree IuB is suffering, so to figure out how many E1s to add. If we talk about 1-10% it is possible to optimize
traffic descriptors and shift GBR ATM capacity to non-GBR HS.
But taking into consideration today's traffic demand i believe ATM sites should be switched to IP transmission completely.

linhhy
2013-10-22, 10:33 AM
Hi, auto_art!

"i have no blocking on Iub node blocking counters i.e. pmNoRabEstBlockTnPsIntHsBest then why the perfornace is being limited."
This is because pmNoRabEstBlockTnPsIntHsBest indicates very huge problem, you don't have IuB capacity even to establish bearer
without any PS user data. So this counter related with CSSR.

pmCapAllocIubHsLimitingRatioSpiXX is not connected with CSSR, it indicates how HS user throughput of established RABs is suffering due to lack of IuB capacity.

So here if we are talking about ATM it is strongly recommended to add E1s. You may use your counter to understand exactly
in what degree IuB is suffering, so to figure out how many E1s to add. If we talk about 1-10% it is possible to optimize
traffic descriptors and shift GBR ATM capacity to non-GBR HS.
But taking into consideration today's traffic demand i believe ATM sites should be switched to IP transmission completely.

Hi ninjafine,

Can you help us how to see full picture about IuB part on behalf of radio engineer (KPI, counter, threashold,...)

Thanks!