PDA

View Full Version : Indoor cell or Repeater

Zalu
2013-09-23, 04:34 PM
hello Experts,
What is the best criteria to decide between Repeaters and Indoor Cells for indoor coverage solution? in all technologies (GSM, WCDA, ...)
Is there any draw backs in using repeaters? i.e repeating an outdoor cell for indoor coverage.
Besides cost, what is the disadvantage of using a new indoor cell? i.e. extending the outdoor site to a 4th cell.

Thanks in advance!

chronix_ray
2013-09-23, 05:33 PM
capacity wise, it is better to have an indoor cell rather than repeater. And also if the indoor you are covering is for mall areas where you need plenty of antennas to cover because repeater has limited output power.

fine_topix
2013-09-24, 08:52 AM
Repeaters:
-A coverage oriented solution.
- Need less configurations (band-selective, frequency selective).

Indoor Cells:
-Both, coverage and capacity serving solution.
-Need more configurations.
-Have you heard about Femto cells?

Optimustron
2013-09-24, 03:26 PM
It depends on how much money you have to invest, because repeaters almost all the time are cheaper than cells for indoor coverage, you have repeaters for very small areas, like a car for example, or little apartments, if you have lazy cells and you need to get more traffic is a good idea to put repeaters but you can extend the cell coverage with one sector is ease with new equipment because all of them have RRUs, the old equipment is big and you need to put repeaters to extend the coverage like optic solutions where you have the advante to mix technologies in some cases. In general it depends on the money to invest, the payback of the solution, the degree of quality of the service, the mixing of technologies, the capacity needs, the complexity of the place, because you can put optical solutions or RRUs and combiners and sppliter or a combination of both. But in general for each case you need to see with an eye in the money and another in the payback without forget the quality and the presence of the company in some importante places sometimes in despite of traffic.

Zalu
2013-09-24, 06:52 PM
Repeaters:
-A coverage oriented solution.
- Need less configurations (band-selective, frequency selective).

Indoor Cells:
-Both, coverage and capacity serving solution.
-Need more configurations.
-Have you heard about Femto cells?
I've heard about them, but if you have any information or documents please do share!
Thanks!

incoincov
2013-09-24, 07:04 PM
hi,

it's a good doc about Femto.

pls add REP.tnx!

br,

Optimustron
2013-09-24, 11:06 PM
If you wish you can download very interesting and full documentation about Femto Cells for free at Small Cells Forum in the following link http://www.smallcellforum.org/resources-presentations in that website you find Resources and under that title you have Releases, Reports, Technical Papers, Videos and Presentations and you have another things like news, events, etc., by the way I'm attaching some files for you but you can download the most recent information about it, all documentation is very ease to understand and therea are with some useful information too, like Enterprise Femtocells-sm that is attached to this post, however I invite you to see the others and go to that website, kindly,