PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Validation queries

massilaboy
2013-09-18, 06:27 PM
PM discussion continued to thread (thanks to indoor for the help)

hi,

I got you on that, but the thing is that on my situation the client sent a template. it shows from the eirp table and the CW walktest result the power for the antennas was different. for example, in the cw report a certain antenna was transmitting 5dB while from the table for that same antenna eirp was 8dB. for other antennas in the cw reportshows it was like 4dB, 6dB, 6dB and from the table its 8db, 11db, 10db respectively. so, this made m a bit confused. does it mean that for the cw test it should be lower than the predicted antenna power?

thanks in advance!

http://www.finetopix.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by indoor
Depends on how the iBwave design was done. Was it done to achieve a certain power at each antenna? If so then use the power level the design was done to otherwise just use antenna power in the design document.

yafawi79
2013-09-18, 08:23 PM
Hi
many factors can reduce the output power radiated from the antenna you have to verify from the indoor design how many splitters combiners diplexer are installed before each antenna (bearing in mind that each component can cause signal loss by at least 3dB) and subtract these losses from the total op power of BTS also,the feeder length loss must be taken in to consideration before calculating the total EIRP .
Thanks

Optimustron
2013-09-24, 03:49 PM
If your calculations are very different to the measured data you need to check some issues, I'm attaching a file that I made from my experience working on calculations about IBS, we don't have a tool for doing that and I started that since we had AMPS in our country, I can put more information on this piece of data from old school but is only some advices and one equation maybe I will put more data in the future, please check this little file and excuse me for my english I'm spanish speaker, I hope this help you, best regards,