PDA

View Full Version : Question Inter-cell HO Hysteresis

okkin04
2013-09-05, 05:09 PM
Hi all,

Can you please share your expertise regarding Inter-cell HO Hysteresis? Im having hard time with this. What cases will i use this parameter? I had this problem in 2G, I encountered many handover to neighboring cells. I just thought to change Inter-cell Ho Hysteresis for all the neighboring cells entering so that to lessen that event. Layer level of the serving was layer 2 and for neighboring cells all are layer 3 and layer 4. Is this the proper approach to this? Thanks for the help.

Onigece
2013-09-06, 11:28 AM
It seems that Inter-Cell HO Hysteresis is not the right parameter to adjust, try Inter-Layer HO Hysteresis instead. Goodluck!

Optimustron
2013-09-06, 03:11 PM
The simple hysteresis work's fine for cells in same layer, please leave 3 dB in both ways in order to have a total of 6 dB, when you have different layers you need to work with layer thresholds and layer hysteresis, you need to see the value of ACCMIN and MSRXMIN for both cells in a relation and the SACCH periods needed for filtering purpouses, all of that in order to set the right conditions for inter layer HO, maybe you need to check the FASTMSREG parameter in order to prevent that fast mobiles (mobiles in a car) get attached to a small coverage cell. You can adjust very well with help of drive testing(DT), classify cells with similar coverages and adjust parameters while someone is making DT, put the LAYER THRESHOLD that works for you and for neighbor cell you need LAYERTHRn + LAYERHYSTn, for serving cell you need LAYERTHRn - LAYERHYSTn, the fix the number of SACCH periods to values of 6 or 4 for fast filtering, if you have too much interference or the signal is decreasing too fast accelerate the power control with big steps, adjust ACCMIN & MSRXMIN acording to measurements, if necessary activate FASTMSREG, whe you get the right conditions for each scenario copy the parameters to cells with similar conditions and wait for statistic if something is bad yet then make small adjusts to original optimized parameters. I hope this help, best regards,

DJEMOUI
2013-09-12, 06:12 PM
HI you can change the parameters below and see the result :
inter layer HO Hysteresis.
inter layer HO threshold.

The simple hysteresis work's fine for cells in same layer, please leave 3 dB in both ways in order to have a total of 6 dB, when you have different layers you need to work with layer thresholds and layer hysteresis, you need to see the value of ACCMIN and MSRXMIN for both cells in a relation and the SACCH periods needed for filtering purpouses, all of that in order to set the right conditions for inter layer HO, maybe you need to check the FASTMSREG parameter in order to prevent that fast mobiles (mobiles in a car) get attached to a small coverage cell. You can adjust very well with help of drive testing(DT), classify cells with similar coverages and adjust parameters while someone is making DT, put the LAYER THRESHOLD that works for you and for neighbor cell you need LAYERTHRn + LAYERHYSTn, for serving cell you need LAYERTHRn - LAYERHYSTn, the fix the number of SACCH periods to values of 6 or 4 for fast filtering, if you have too much interference or the signal is decreasing too fast accelerate the power control with big steps, adjust ACCMIN & MSRXMIN acording to measurements, if necessary activate FASTMSREG, whe you get the right conditions for each scenario copy the parameters to cells with similar conditions and wait for statistic if something is bad yet then make small adjusts to original optimized parameters. I hope this help, best regards,

patek1968
2013-09-13, 11:57 AM
Hi all,

Can you please share your expertise regarding Inter-cell HO Hysteresis? Im having hard time with this. What cases will i use this parameter? I had this problem in 2G, I encountered many handover to neighboring cells. I just thought to change Inter-cell Ho Hysteresis for all the neighboring cells entering so that to lessen that event. Layer level of the serving was layer 2 and for neighboring cells all are layer 3 and layer 4. Is this the proper approach to this? Thanks for the help.

Layer 2 means IBS? You can check for EDGE HANDOVER if you want to control IBS->Outdoor then INTER LAYER + HYST if you want to control Outdoor->IBS..

okkin04
2013-09-18, 02:45 PM
Hi, so meaning to say, intercell hysteresys will be no use at all when I am dealing with outgoing handover? yap. this is for IBS. thanks

okkin04
2013-09-18, 02:54 PM
When dealing with outgoing handover? is it edge ho threshold and watch time/valid time should i altered?