PDA

View Full Version : Question 3G ZTE Throughput reduced

khurrambilal01
2013-08-21, 01:23 PM
Hi experts,

We have ZTE 3G equipment, some cells throughput is reduced to very low values (As per speedtest.net results its always less than 0.6Mbps, As per DT its always less than 1Mbps).

CQI, EcNo, RSCP, Codes, Power , CEs are enough and acceptable ranges.

What do you think can be the cause of this degradation?

We tested throughput using our internal FTP server still it's less than 1Mbps which means there is definnately some issue, Previously 1 month ago as per DT FTP internal server throughput was always greater than 3Mbps.

Any suggestions?

etdoja
2013-08-23, 06:39 PM
Hi,

as far as it seems that the rf wasn't changing over the last month, maybe something on the transmission part has changed than? Is the transmission path now shared with other NodeBs? What about the RTT time in your measurements? Are they similar to other NodeBs? Due to the fact that are so much factors, that can influence the DL throughput, in my opinion the RTT time is the best value to look at and to identify a problem related to the transmission part.

Hope that help
Regards

khurrambilal01
2013-08-23, 09:59 PM
Hi,

as far as it seems that the rf wasn't changing over the last month, maybe something on the transmission part has changed than? Is the transmission path now shared with other NodeBs? What about the RTT time in your measurements? Are they similar to other NodeBs? Due to the fact that are so much factors, that can influence the DL throughput, in my opinion the RTT time is the best value to look at and to identify a problem related to the transmission part.

Hope that help
Regards
Hi thanks for the reply,

There was nothing changed from RF end, All parameters same, Each nodeB has separate IuB (20Mbps), transmission path is also the same,
what do you mean by RTT? How can i check it by statistics? You mean round-trip-time? the delay KPI in IP transmission?

thanks you!
Regards,
Khurram

etdoja
2013-08-28, 06:05 PM
Hi thanks for the reply,

There was nothing changed from RF end, All parameters same, Each nodeB has separate IuB (20Mbps), transmission path is also the same,
what do you mean by RTT? How can i check it by statistics? You mean round-trip-time? the delay KPI in IP transmission?

thanks you!
Regards,
Khurram

Hi,

right RTT means Round-Trip-Time. In my opinion it's the only stable value you can use during drive test measurements to be independent from the load of the network, but on the other hand can give statements
about the expected hroughpt in the area. Did you already made a drivetest in the nodeB area?

Ok, the transmission for this nodeB is big enough...What about the passports, the termination point behind? Do you see any commons there? E.g. all nodeB with low throughput are terminating on the same passport?
What about the number of hops til the RNC? Do you see any topics there. As fare as I know every hop creates a delay (round about 30-40 ms), therefore should not more than 4 hops.

Hope that helps
Regards