PDA

View Full Version : GSM GPRS EDGE TRX dimensioning [Question]

sandrommm
2013-08-09, 12:18 AM
Hi please How can calculate the TRX, I have this information:

CS Service GoS, CS Traffic per Subscriber@(mERL), Half Rate Traffic Volume Ratio, GPRS/EDGE/EDGE Subscriber Penetration Rate and Bandwidth per Subscriber @BH(bit).

I have a document of calculation CE and traffic model of Huawei in excel If somebody have same for this please share.

BR
Sandro

RF engineer
2013-08-09, 05:39 AM
Hi please How can calculate the TRX, I have this information:

CS Service GoS, CS Traffic per Subscriber@(mERL), Half Rate Traffic Volume Ratio, GPRS/EDGE/EDGE Subscriber Penetration Rate and Bandwidth per Subscriber @BH(bit).

I have a document of calculation CE and traffic model of Huawei in excel If somebody have same for this please share.

BR
Sandro

Look into attach is simple calculation and formula already put .

BR

sandrommm
2013-08-09, 08:58 AM
Hi RF Engineer, in your calculate you use Total CS Traffic and HR Traffic? or only Total, why you made EGPRS/GPRS bandwidth (kbit/s)/30=EGPRS/GPRS channel
And other consult is in Input parameter of Bandwith I have 50 bit BH for GPRS and 100 bit BH for EDGE.
When I pass it to kbit/s is small and I obtain 1.2 TRx.

Thanks

RF engineer
2013-08-09, 02:05 PM
Hi RF Engineer, in your calculate you use Total CS Traffic and HR Traffic? or only Total, why you made EGPRS/GPRS bandwidth (kbit/s)/30=EGPRS/GPRS channel
And other consult is in Input parameter of Bandwith I have 50 bit BH for GPRS and 100 bit BH for EDGE.
When I pass it to kbit/s is small and I obtain 1.2 TRx.

Thanks

For First question iam using throughput as in average on BCCH TRX you can have this data rate.

and for Second question Yes it is small as in general at BH user can 1 Kbit but your is 0.15 kbit.

Attach is the modified one according to your input.