PDA

View Full Version : Question Huawei PDCH Dynamic Conversion

engaom
2013-08-01, 04:19 PM
Dear Gents;
I have a question regarding the PDCH Conversion.
Upper threshold for idle CS Channel=100
If the number of users per channel is 20/10=2; which the triggering condition for conversion.
So if the max no. Of PDCHs have been occurred,

What will case if mores users need services?
Are they going to be blocked?
Or the number of users per PDCH will be more than Two?

Waiting ur feedback please

vivero
2013-08-01, 11:46 PM
Hi engaom (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?41766-engaom)!

As I know:
Your maximum number of TBFs (we can understand that means users) per timeslot is set by PDCH UL/DL Multiplex Threshold parameters.
In our network, we usually declare some timeslots fixed and some timeslots on-demand (dynamic).
Maybe, one cell with configuration 2TRXs: 2 fixed + 2 on-demand.
If your maximum number of users reach the threshold of 2 fixed PDCH timeslots, 2 on-demand TCH timeslots can be convert to PDCH if they're free.
New user will be blocked if they're busy because of TCHs service.
If 4 timeslots is occupied by PDCH, new user TBF will be blocked.

Regards!

Optimustron
2013-09-08, 12:46 PM
335953359633597Find attached some files there are explanations about TBFs and Dynamic PDTCHs, but basically if you need more capacity you need to set more FIXED PDTCHs, it depends on your capacity for TCHs and you can increase the MAXPDCHRATE or Maximum Rate Threshold of PDCHs in a Cell, the recommended value is 30 but if you need more the percentaje maybe greater like 35, 40 or more, but be careful because if you use a general setting with high values in the entire network you can have bad audio in TCHH & TCHF. Kindly

tabordas
2013-09-09, 05:54 AM
What do you mean about "bad audio"? Why would you have "bad audio"?

335953359633597Find attached some files there are explanations about TBFs and Dynamic PDTCHs, but basically if you need more capacity you need to set more FIXED PDTCHs, it depends on your capacity for TCHs and you can increase the MAXPDCHRATE or Maximum Rate Threshold of PDCHs in a Cell, the recommended value is 30 but if you need more the percentaje maybe greater like 35, 40 or more, but be careful because if you use a general setting with high values in the entire network you can have bad audio in TCHH & TCHF. Kindly

Optimustron
2013-09-10, 03:16 AM
Excuse me, I mean audio distortion, like hearing a robot or metallic voice and sometimes you can't understand the other part at all, it happens if you use a high value of MAXPDCHRATE some value equal or above 50 percent specially in high traffic voice areas, we started with 50 but we have that issues then we put 30 and we optimize carefully, at this time we have different values in the network. Regards,