PDA

View Full Version : Question NSN vs E*******

Mdaf
2013-07-25, 08:08 AM
Hello,
I would like to ask if anyone has switched from 3G NSN to e******* 3G, or if anyone has both experience, which vendor gives you more counters for troubleshooting, which one has more flexibility to optimize the network, which one has better documentation (sometimes I feel that NSN documents keeps you in loops)
From optimization point of view.... what would you say?!
please also could you please consider bugs, limitations, HW problem rates, performance under same capacity/resources
I would be very grateful if you helped.
Many thanks.

dtvt2
2013-07-25, 03:24 PM
i think 3G NSN has ore counters for troubleshooting, flexibility to optimize the network and has better documentation. Capacity and resources are better but NSN has more bugs and HW problem rates. this is my experiences in my operator
dtvt2

gyh1106
2013-07-25, 11:38 PM
I think when you work with NSN 3G equipment, you just study 3GPP, most parameters & counters etc could find out in 3GPP
the HW part, just study more about IPA2800 platform, learn more , outage less

ashraferto
2013-07-31, 05:38 AM
from my experience, NSN has many bugs and HW problems without any short term solution from PL, so i preferred E*******

Mdaf
2013-07-31, 07:34 AM
from my experience, NSN has many bugs and HW problems without any short term solution from PL, so i preferred E*******
Many thanks, but apart from bugs.... daily troubleshooting, investigation, flexibility of parameters to make improvements....what would you say.

jjhuang
2013-08-10, 01:08 PM
NSN equipment for me just mean you always need to wait the next new upgrade version (include Ran & CORE)! and many and many Path!