PDA

View Full Version : Tower sharing and Capacity Calculator for subscriber density

jkhattak
2013-07-11, 05:30 PM
Dear All

Hope everyones doing good,

I need help at the subjected post, i am building a capacity calculator for tower sharing sites where one site is shared by 2 or 3 operators and the impact this will have on the subscribers in terms of traffic for these respective operators - Note: For a new coverage planning site

I am doing it for three scenarios:

Scenario 1 : where site TRX configuration is 2X2X2 ( what can be the subscriber distribution among all three operators )

Scenario 2: where site TRX configuration is 4X4X4

And, Scenario 3: If Site TRX configuration is 6X6X6

Looking forward to any help and guidance in this regard

Thanking in advance

vivero
2013-07-12, 12:15 PM
Hi jkhattak!
Your question is too commonly, I think you have a little opinion about radio planning. You should find more book about planning, the attachment is one.
You must specify some more input conditions like number of subscribers, traffic, distribution, mean call duration... for calculating the capacity.
You should planning capacity base on cell, should not base on site.
Regards!

jkhattak
2013-07-12, 01:57 PM
Hi vivero,

i have sent an email onto your inbox, if you can please have a look

B.Regards

Philippe
2013-07-23, 09:35 PM
For which system do you plan to make your calculator? GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE?

adewijaya
2013-07-24, 01:15 AM
is there any idea regrading calculation user number on 3G regarding limitation on Power Capacity?

vivero
2013-07-24, 01:56 AM
is there any idea regrading calculation user number on 3G regarding limitation on Power Capacity?
Hi adewijaya!
You can find such information in this document.
This describes pretty clearly about power, CE, code limitations in 3G planning.
I hope it can help you!
Thanks and regards!

jkhattak
2013-07-24, 07:17 PM
Hi Philippe,

We are planning to do it for GSM

jkhattak
2013-07-24, 07:36 PM
Dear All

I have done this calculation at my end and got up to making this, i will be thankful if you guys can have a look and see if it requires more changes, i need to make it more generic,, meaning if i only put the total population and its subscriber density % can give me the no. of sites for each TRX configuration,

I will look forward to guidance and kind support

Thanks and B.Regards

Darweesh
2013-07-25, 04:45 AM
Hi jkhattak,

The tower sharing is not an issue, I think what you are asking is what is max number of subscribers in each scenario 2x2x2 , 4x4x4 and 6x6x6 to check if we will need to inject new sites if you went for sharing with other operators?

Also, are you sharing the antennas also or just the tower (structure)
Please send the Calculator to my e-mail to be able to check it.

Kind Regards,
Darweesh

jkhattak
2013-07-25, 02:26 PM
Dear Darweesh,

We have done subscribers in each scenario to find number of sites using these configurations, we will be only sharing Tower not the Antenna's, so lets suppose if 3 operators share one site using these three configurations, 1) what will be the subscriber density for each operator 2) how many number of sites would they require?, 3) the amount of load each operator get?
i end up making this using all my requirements
please share your email so i can send you the calculator, please have a look and see if you can be any help making it more generic,

Thanking in advance

We are only sharing

Darweesh
2013-07-28, 02:57 AM
Dear Jkhattak,

I hope you re doing well :), I checked your calculator and it's good.. But, from a practical point of view that's not usually the case...
When You think about number of sites vs Configuration? we've two approaches Coverage and Capacity

Coverage: The higher the configuration, the power emitted will decrease ( depends on Cabinet type , hybrid/Air Combing .......)

Capacity: 1st: You assumed that number of population will be divided between 3 operators ,
2nd: That Subscribers are homogeneously distributed within the selected area. ( Think stadiums, high traffic roads ....... )

So, Usually when we add a new site we start with a default configuration depends on area type & surrounding sites behaviour, expand more TRXs if needed ....
You have to put in mind when you re building a network you start with large inter site distance (Coverage ) then lower it with time (Capacity ).

I think You should read more about Dimensioning and Planning process :)

Sheruz
2013-08-04, 06:42 PM
Hi guys,
can you please post a book or a commercial document (alcatel/ erricson) which tells about network planning, considerations for planning to serve subscribers w.r.t voice and EVDO Rev A / Rev B services. etc etc. A doc which tells something like "How to cook".

trxrx
2013-09-24, 08:24 PM
Hi All,

can you kindly share your files to me please email me at blitz_buster11@yahoo.com. i need it very badly

Many Thanks!