PDA

View Full Version : Any one got IEEE-WCET ?

ibn.alsahra
2013-07-02, 07:00 PM
Greetings
Thank you for accepting me as a member
I am planning to register in the IEEE-WCET test in the coming window next september
I was searching on the Internet for any threads or discussions about this cert. but I didn't find
So , is there any member here who got this cert or planning to register ?
Is there any threads or discussions in this forum or others about this cert. ?
Regards

ibn.alsahra
2013-07-04, 05:04 PM
No One!
No idea about IEEE-WCET!

Femto_Engineer
2013-07-04, 07:14 PM
There is not much to say about the certification exam. Main thing to understand is that there are no shortcuts to acing any certification exam not just IEEE WCET. For a quick review follow these books:

1. Fundamentals of Wireless Communication Engineering Technologies by K. Daniel Wong (good one)
2. A Guide to Wireless Engineering Body of Knowledge (WEBOK) -1st or 2nd edition (good one)
3. Get Certified: A Guide to Wireless Communication Engineering Technologies by Syed. A. Ahson and Mohammed Ilyas (a little in depth on advanced topics)

After you are done preparing, simply purchase the online practice exam over here: https://app.testrac.com/ieee/delivery/
and gauge your self. Look for your strong areas and weak areas. Work a bit more on your weak study areas and.... Voila!... you are good to go.

ranilkum
2013-07-12, 09:54 PM
I had taken the certification sometime back - you should be able to pass - but getting good points might require some amount of work

ibn.alsahra
2014-01-13, 08:22 PM
Hello again :)
I missed the last test window but now I am looking forward to entering the coming window in March/April 2014

ibn.alsahra
2014-01-13, 08:43 PM
There is not much to say about the certification exam. Main thing to understand is that there are no shortcuts to acing any certification exam not just IEEE WCET. For a quick review follow these books:

1. Fundamentals of Wireless Communication Engineering Technologies by K. Daniel Wong (good one)
2. A Guide to Wireless Engineering Body of Knowledge (WEBOK) -1st or 2nd edition (good one)
3. Get Certified: A Guide to Wireless Communication Engineering Technologies by Syed. A. Ahson and Mohammed Ilyas (a little in depth on advanced topics)

After you are done preparing, simply purchase the online practice exam over here: https://app.testrac.com/ieee/delivery/
and gauge your self. Look for your strong areas and weak areas. Work a bit more on your weak study areas and.... Voila!... you are good to go.

Thanks Femto Engneer for your reply

Actually I am not looking for shortcuts. I am looking for real experience in preparing for IEEE-WCET, a real experience in taking the exam, and a real knowledge about anything about the exam. I will study using the official preparing guidelines. But experience and knowledge will help me a lot.

I passed PMP: Project Management Professional in 2010 with hard studying. But I found a plenty of resources varying from books to articles to podcasts , and some of them were recommended by people who really prepared and passed the exam. Besides, their stories help me plan for the preparing phase and for the exam itself.

Stok3d
2014-01-14, 01:13 AM
Thanks for this thread. I was not aware that cert existed and it will give me something to aim for in my self studies. Any other Wireless certs exist like this?