PDA

View Full Version : Intucell SON products

shahram
2013-06-21, 05:24 AM
Hi,
Anybody heard about Intucell http://intucellsystems.com/products/overview/ which is recently purchased by Cisco,
Intucell worked on SON (Self Organized Network) algorithms like ANR, Automated Parameter Optimization,Coverage Capacity Optimization,Load Balancing,Interference Management,
Any one have extra info regarding this brand? are they using Probes to do mentioned activities? or it is just SW?
Any one have any presentation? or probably the sw? ...
Please share whatever you have,

Thanks
Shahram

ManuelBelgrano
2013-06-23, 05:31 PM
Here some info to begin with.

Thanks and reps and appreciated!

TelcoConsultant
2013-06-24, 05:25 PM
Intucell is utilizing mainly: PM counters, configuration data (CM files, MoShell etc) and Traces. They dont use probes, indeed they are trying to replace probes.

The key point here is the traces. What they basically do is: i.e. they process GPEH from E******* instead of Drive test, measure the basic RF parameters like RxQual, EcNo, PRACH delay etc and executes some basic paramete changes based upon their own decision algorithms. Changing E-Tilt, pwr, adding neighbours etc...

Cisco bought Intucell because the business is turning into all softswitches, Cisco itself is a vendor anymore and they believe sniffing the network is becoming way important. (Which I agree.) Intucell was not the only fish, Cisco did some other key purchases within last one year for network monitoring in IP level. They will be monitoring from L1 to upper layers, and they expect to get real E2E visibility over entire CSP. I guess Ken (founder of Aexio) is a member of the forum and can shed more light on the capability of the user traces.

But still, there is sth fishy about that purchase. Half a billion for Intucell seems peculiar...

Just my two cents...

apple
2013-06-27, 07:06 PM
Intucell solution is very similar with reverbnetworks. they focus on 3GPP standard for SON. When compare with some other competitor (schema, actix ...) Intucell lack some features but they said they are full automatic and only them. I think Intucell solution will be good in area with huge cells. One medium server can handle 50k cells concurrently.

tyberry
2013-07-31, 07:20 PM
Hi Manuel,

I have given you REP for this very useful post. If you have any more latest information on Intucell and their features that would be awesome.

Many thanks,

superman_uz
2013-11-08, 08:51 AM
Intucell is utilizing mainly: PM counters, configuration data (CM files, MoShell etc) and Traces. They dont use probes, indeed they are trying to replace probes.

The key point here is the traces. What they basically do is: i.e. they process GPEH from E******* instead of Drive test, measure the basic RF parameters like RxQual, EcNo, PRACH delay etc and executes some basic paramete changes based upon their own decision algorithms. Changing E-Tilt, pwr, adding neighbours etc...

Hello,
Do you know what is the support of Intucell solution for vendors other than E*******? What about multi-vendor environment?