PDA

View Full Version : Question 3G traffic to 2G

patek1968
2013-06-05, 01:11 AM
Hi Experts,

I want to know how to shift/share 3G traffic to 2G for a specific time only. It's for comparison when doing mobility/driving around a specific area in busy and non-busy hour. Ec/Io is failing due to high traffic load in 3G during busy hours. So hopefully someone can guide me what are the parameters to consider to share/shift 3G traffic to 2G..Thanks

scorpion
2013-06-05, 06:58 PM
I am not sure whether you can activate SBHO / LBHO features on fly..cehck with your vendor ..is it E/// ?

Jerry
2013-06-05, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Handover base service is a solution you can do so with Huawei system. Activated, the voice call initiated on 3G will be forced to 2G if available.
I am not sure other vendor.

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2013-06-05, 08:35 PM
Hi Patek,

Need more details, you simply want to shift traffic i.e. due to congestion or during specific hours of day.

1) Due to traffic there are many options available, i.e. Directed Re-try, load based HO, relax your compress mode and IRAT triggering threshold etc. Further idle mode parameters can be tuned on 3G & 2G side.

2) If you want to shift traffic just during specific hours then load based handover is fine. OR you may schedule script in OSS for auto revision just mention specific time.

BR//
Imran

patek1968
2013-06-07, 07:06 PM
Hello experts,

1 experts share me some inputs regarding this one..is it possible? Its Huawei

FDDQMIN
QSEARCH
UCELLINTERATHO

Hi Patek,

Need more details, you simply want to shift traffic i.e. due to congestion or during specific hours of day.

1) Due to traffic there are many options available, i.e. Directed Re-try, load based HO, relax your compress mode and IRAT triggering threshold etc. Further idle mode parameters can be tuned on 3G & 2G side.

2) If you want to shift traffic just during specific hours then load based handover is fine. OR you may schedule script in OSS for auto revision just mention specific time.

BR//
Imran

Vladislav
2013-06-07, 08:31 PM
Hello experts,

1 experts share me some inputs regarding this one..is it possible? Its Huawei

FDDQMIN
QSEARCH
UCELLINTERATHO

Hi,
FDDQMIN, QSEARCH (I, C, P) - these are the Idle mode regulation parameters which can be set from the 2G side. By tuning of this parameters you can make reselection procedure from 2G to 3G more complicated. So they can help you to keep more traffic at the 2G side. But also check if in your network MS can go from 2G to 3G only by resection or also by handover (parameters - BET3GHOEN, OutSysLoadHoEn).
From 3G side you can also push more traffic to 2G by changing the IDLE mode parameters (Qqualmin, Qrxlevmin, SsearchRat, be careful - do not create ping pong). As other option to be more aggressive in IRAT HO thresholds from 3G to 2G - groups UCELLINTERRATHOCOV and UCELLINTERRATHONCOV). There are also load balancing algorithms for the traffic redistribution - check LDR and DRD if you 3G network has high traffic load that can help.

JonesyBrown
2013-06-10, 03:48 PM
you can play with LDR actions in 3G to offload to 2G. LDR has 5 steps to offload the 3G traffic.. CS INTERFREQ, PS INTERFREQ, CS IRAT, and PS IRAT
LDR is more safe as a technique to offload the traffic since it will check the 2G condition before shifting the bearer.