PDA

View Full Version : Question hs_SCCHChannelisationCodeInfo

baehsaar
2013-05-31, 11:38 PM
Can anybody explain to me what these code means? I have attached the file.

Philippe
2013-06-01, 12:16 AM
I guess this is the HS-SCCH channelization code used by the HS-SCCH channel. HS-SCCH channel use SF128 channelization code and up to 4 HS-SCCH can be monitored by 1 UE.

baehsaar
2013-06-01, 06:21 AM
Thanks Philippe but while one of them is fixed the other two's coupe like 5-8,6-9

Philippe
2013-06-03, 05:31 PM
What do the percentages represent? Is the mobile moving and changing cells? Is the mobile static and always connected to the same cell?

Note the 3GPP definition of HS-SCCH set:
HS-SCCH set:
a set of HS-SCCH which is used for HS-PDSCH allocation. There is a maximum of four HS-SCCHs in a given HS-SCCH set. There can be multiple HS-SCCH sets in one cell. HS-SCCH sets are independent, i.e. they can overlap or have no intersection.

magun
2013-06-03, 09:18 PM
What do the percentages represent? Is the mobile moving and changing cells? Is the mobile static and always connected to the same cell?

Note the 3GPP definition of HS-SCCH set:
HS-SCCH set:
a set of HS-SCCH which is used for HS-PDSCH allocation. There is a maximum of four HS-SCCHs in a given HS-SCCH set. There can be multiple HS-SCCH sets in one cell. HS-SCCH sets are independent, i.e. they can overlap or have no intersection.

Yes this a 3G voice drive test and mobile is moving so cells are changing.

giegala
2013-06-04, 02:50 AM
Hi baehsaar,

what you see is the code number in code tree for the channel. Some vendors keep channels fixed, while others are allocating dynamically. That's why there is different percentage.

Actually, there is little gain in the system to use more than 2 HS-SCCH per cell

baehsaar
2013-06-04, 04:54 PM
Hi baehsaar,

what you see is the code number in code tree for the channel. Some vendors keep channels fixed, while others are allocating dynamically. That's why there is different percentage.

Actually, there is little gain in the system to use more than 2 HS-SCCH per cell

Ok so I think the question is what is the advantage of using dynamic code allocation rather than using fixed code allocation..In one document I saw that they decrease the HS-SCCH codes from 4 to 3 in order to improve TPUT in loaded cells.

giegala
2013-06-04, 07:05 PM
i do not think there is any advantage in using dynamic code allocation. It is more about internal code tree management algorithm that each vendor is building.

If you will setup 3 or more HS-SCCH channels, then maximum that cell can support are 14 HS-DSCH channels, because HS-SCCHs are blocking code tree.

The reason, why there should be more than 1 HS-SCCH per cell, is that it allows parallel scheduling to several UEs in same TTI. If there are 3 HS-SCCH, then 3 UEs can be scheduled in parallel.