PDA

View Full Version : Output CPICH Power degraded after CONFIGURATION CHANGE

MCBEP
2013-05-28, 05:19 PM
I have totally one sectored RBS3216 RU22(60w) site, it was working as a 1x1 (one carrier on on sector) ,then they activate it with second carrier configuration become 1x2. PrimarryCPICH power still set to 300 for before and after.
But when i rscp with tems pocket , i get 10dB lower output power from antenna.
What can be wrong? There is no alarm on Nodeb. Both carrier serving normally except of output rscp.

babak1349
2013-05-28, 05:38 PM
Hello,
The CPICH power in the port of Antenna is determined by 2 things:
1) Allocated CPICH power in PA of RRU
2) Feeder loss

So in your case I think the installation team may used a new scripts and they haven't set properly the UL/DL attenuation for antenna feeder
So you need to check dlAttenutation & ulAttenuation values in the following MOs:

AntFeederCable
RfCable

please note when you are using 2 carriers maximum Transmission power is 30 Watts/ Carrier

Cheers

I have totally one sectored RBS3216 RU22(60w) site, it was working as a 1x1 (one carrier on on sector) ,then they activate it with second carrier configuration become 1x2. PrimarryCPICH power still set to 300 for before and after.
But when i rscp with tems pocket , i get 10dB lower output power from antenna.
What can be wrong? There is no alarm on Nodeb. Both carrier serving normally except of output rscp.

MCBEP
2013-05-28, 05:55 PM
Thank you for reply, site is serving through indoor antennas so we are entering feeder and delays always 0 after and before.

When we use 2 carrier on one RU22 ,Is there any hybrid combiner activation in RU internal which can be reason of some losses?

babak1349
2013-05-28, 06:14 PM
Hi,
Do yuo use feeders ? if you do you need to check those NodeB parameters before and after installation 2nd carrier and if you are using feeder your delay can not be Zero except you are using really short feeder or even jumpers
If you look at Alex it explains that inside of RU you have 2 TX (power Amplifiers) and if you use only one carrier both transmitting in the same carrier and makes the output power 60 Watts and if each transmit in different carrier ,each gonna have only 30 Watts output power

It is better you look at stats as well in your performance tool and see how much is the Maximum Transmission power

Cheers

Thank you for reply, site is serving through indoor antennas so we are entering feeder and delays always 0 after and before.

When we use 2 carrier on one RU22 ,Is there any hybrid combiner activation in RU internal which can be reason of some losses?