PDA

View Full Version : High PS RAB Blocking rate due to Insufficient Capability (VS.RAB.FailEstPS.Unsp)

RFSTUD
2013-05-24, 07:46 PM
Dear Experts,
Pls. assist me in a problem I've been facing in my Network (Huawei).
We have a very high PS Blocking rate (30-34%) on almost all cells in the network and from the KPI the cause is : VS.RAB.FailEstPS.Unsp (Insufficient Capability) caused by the following counters:
VS.RAB.BlockPS.IntMor384(number)
VS.RAB.Block.PS.Int.144.384(number)
VS.RAB.Block.PS.Int.64.144(number)
VS.RAB.Block.PS.Int.32.64(number)
All the failures measure in their thousands (period of measurement is one hour).

What could be the causes of the maximum requested bit rates being blocked in almost all the cells?

I would be much grateful if you can share your experiences and suggest ways in which this issue can be resolved. Thank you very much!

PS: The RNL counters below do not show any failures:
VS.RAB.FailEstab.PS.DLIUBBand.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstab.PS.ULIUBBand.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.Code.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.DLCE.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.ULCE.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.Power.Cong(number)

babak1349
2013-05-24, 09:30 PM
Hello,
The Unsup stands for unsupported If you look at the description of that counter, VS.RAB.FailEstPS.Unsp, it says also it fails due to different reasons, licenses, admission rejections, RAB definitions add also to this Iu resource allocation
So if you don't face rejection due to admission (resources) you need to check:
1) licenses
2) Allowed or licensed RAB type
3) IU-PS capacity and configuration

Cheers

Dear Experts,
Pls. assist me in a problem I've been facing in my Network (Huawei).
We have a very high PS Blocking rate (30-34%) on almost all cells in the network and from the KPI the cause is : VS.RAB.FailEstPS.Unsp (Insufficient Capability) caused by the following counters:
VS.RAB.BlockPS.IntMor384(number)
VS.RAB.Block.PS.Int.144.384(number)
VS.RAB.Block.PS.Int.64.144(number)
VS.RAB.Block.PS.Int.32.64(number)
All the failures measure in their thousands (period of measurement is one hour).

What could be the causes of the maximum requested bit rates being blocked in almost all the cells?

I would be much grateful if you can share your experiences and suggest ways in which this issue can be resolved. Thank you very much!

PS: The RNL counters below do not show any failures:
VS.RAB.FailEstab.PS.DLIUBBand.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstab.PS.ULIUBBand.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.Code.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.DLCE.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.ULCE.Cong(number)
VS.RAB.FailEstPs.Power.Cong(number)

RFSTUD
2013-05-25, 04:09 AM
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction(potentially). I have been focusing on the cell level but now I'm beginning to think that the root cause has to be either RNC or SGSN. Our SGSN is limited to 100 Mbps both hardware and license (We are planning an upgrade soon) and during busy hour there are usually 80000 failures for Iu mode PDP context act fail (RAB assignment fail)(times) and thousands of packet drops on the IU interface. Therefore, I suspect the IUPS int for the failures. I will monitor closely and feedback further observations. Anymore points regarding this issue will be highly appreciated. Thank you!