PDA

View Full Version : Question LTE vs 3G optimization ??

fahmi
2013-05-22, 08:54 AM
Dear experts,

What in your opinion and experience is the main difference in optimizing a 3G & LTE network? :confused::confused:

BR,

oswe
2013-05-27, 08:35 AM
in one word ?
Transmission lines !!!!!

fahmi
2013-05-27, 05:01 PM
I thought the main difference in optimizing a 3G & LTE network is the radio resources management (From RNC in 3G network to enodeB in LTE network), What you think ?

oswe
2013-06-02, 12:38 AM
ok in early stages of the network where we have very few users ... I have to say that we are having hard times with transmission lines.
so much trouble detecting why we have packet retransmissions, or why a certain MTU setting is better than other (1430 proved to be better than 1500 for certain router equipment)... in the end the customer will for you to investigate their transmission missconfig network. So you have big headaches.
However, I do agree with you that in a fully occupied and settled network RRM plus RF coverage will be the big issues you will work on. (I will bend my self to RF, because it happens that sensibility now is an issue... you can easily have over coverage now with UEs working with -120 or even -125dBm sensibility)
regards !