PDA

View Full Version : Create/ Import Antennas to Atoll project

Weiland86
2013-05-21, 02:37 PM
Hello guys,

I have been trying to import an antenna model to atoll but I don't have a clear idea about how to extract the information from the Antenna file. Once I import them i have to select the correct column containing the azimuth, tilt and attenuation information but it seems all this information in the same column "pattern" but i am not sure how to extract from this cell the information I need. In addition i can not find the tilt information from this file... according to atoll user guide azimuth information must contain valus from 0 to 360, tilt information must contain values from -90 to 90, 0 to 180 and so on... and the attenuation information must be in dB....

If there is a easier way to import an antenna file please let me know or if someone know how to extract the information from this cell in the excel file in order i can create 3 columns containing the required information (azimuth, tilt and attenuation)

Thanks in advance.

jakota
2013-05-21, 05:11 PM
Hi Weiland86,

When defining the 'Transmitters' in an Atoll project you will input Azimuth and Tilt, as well as and the antenna model. Before assinging the antenna, make shure you have that specific antenna pattern imported in Atoll. In case of your first file, use separator ";" and choose proper columns when importing.
Hope that helps, Regards

Weiland86
2013-05-22, 12:50 PM
Hello, Jakota

In transmitter folder you set etilt and azimuth once you have created/imported the antenna. My problem is when i am trying to import the antenna i downloaded the pattern from manufacter web site but i can not match them according to what atoll needs to create the antenna.

Attached to this message i am sharing the pictures, when I imported the antenna, the values that atoll requested me from the information I import (Azimuth, tilt and attenuation) and the error atoll show me if i don't set this properly.

I hope someone know how to deal with this and can share with the forum how to do it...

By the way jakota thanks for your time but that is not what i am looking for.

Thanks in advance

alexey.v.barkov
2013-05-29, 02:14 PM
Hello all ! First you must create the index.txt file with separeted lines with all named antenna pattern files. It'll be better if they are in .txt Planet format. Then you must import them in Radio Network Equipment /Antennas Folder of Atoll project Parameters. Then you can choose the corect one antenna for every transmitter for each site.

comateo
2013-08-06, 11:52 AM
I still can't import success.

VitalyK
2013-08-06, 04:02 PM
Hello guys,
If there is a easier way to import an antenna file please let me know

Yes, there is - just find your antenna at the vendor's website and download pattern in Planet format
http://www.commscope.com/catalog/andrew/product_details.aspx?id=15652#