PDA

View Full Version : Doubt about CE / TX and RAX boards or DUW

dadoba
2013-05-09, 07:08 PM
Hello guys,

Does anybody can clarify the question below to me?

1) HSDPA consume Codes from TX and A-DCH consume CE DL right?
2) HSDPA consume CE from UL (RAX)?
3) Where Eul is processed? TX or RAX?
4) From where Eul consume CE?

My questions are because E******* docs don't clarify it, my doubt is who proccess HSDPA and EUL and what are the functions of TX and RAX in these services, from where CE is used, where the processing occur.

Thanks

babak1349
2013-05-09, 11:27 PM
Hi,
IN the following documents you can find your answers
Please note in e******* technology the baseband units are used as follow:
1) TX board to process the DL channels
2) RAX card to process the UL channels

Answer: We can use up to 15 codes (SF 16) in DL for HSDPA per cell so TX card process those 15 codes. For ADCH we can have up to number of licensed users It is a R'99 RAB and we have DL part and UL part. The DL part is processed by TX card and UL part by RAX card A-DCH is not released when user is NOT scheduled to receive data
Answer: Only for A-DCH and R'99
Answer: System allocates a resource ID to process the E-DCH related signaling part on TX device like as E-RGCH or E-AGCH
Answer: UL received E-DCH is processed in RAX

Cheers

Hello guys,

Does anybody can clarify the question below to me?

My questions are because E******* docs don't clarify it, my doubt is who proccess HSDPA and EUL and what are the functions of TX and RAX in these services, from where CE is used, where the processing occur.

Thanks

msgarache
2013-05-10, 01:55 AM
Just to complement the answer from babak1349,
In e******* processing boards for baseband the CE is a capacity metric. The Signal Processing board will majorly be out of capacity if the processing is not reserved.
Hence, for the DOnwlink when you activate HSDPA(+) and EUL you reserve part of the capacity for those processings and hence the CE numbers decreases depending on the config you do.

The type of TXB and RAXB and their capacity is provided by E******* in a document title "Baseband product description".
E******* should provide that info, but in some operations I have noticed they have been reluctant to do it (I don't no why if that info is needed by the operators, I have the RevS for family 3000 provided by babak1349 but should be anotherone since the release of the 6000 family).

In addition, as Babak1349 said the TxB capacity is for the downlink. However, depending on the number of users you have license for you need to reserve capacity for ADCH otherwise although you increase for instance to 64 users, your ADCH capacity limit will reach and you will not have more admisssions for HS. There is a formula to calculate the reservation you may need for HS users in ALex.