PDA

View Full Version : Voice handover betwee LTE and CDMA2000 network

hamody2005
2013-05-06, 02:38 AM
dear Masters I have few Q. about LTE? Dose the voice CSFB in LTE network works with CDMA network? if OK what's the requirement? if any one from Verizon can help As Verizon a big CDMA operator and now has LTE networks does CSFB work with them?

T_ADD
2013-05-06, 07:20 AM
Yes CSFB in LTE can work with CDMA. As for requirements, what exactly are you after?

hamody2005
2013-05-08, 02:12 AM
What I mean how did it work?

As I know it will work by:-
-paging UE in LTE network and then the UE will make page response from CDMA2000 1X by CSFB . (long delay)
-paging UE in LTE network and then the UE will make page response In LTE Network and move to CDMA2000 1X only In Traffic.
-from UE side: using dual antenna for UE one for CDMA2000 1x and the other for LTE.

Am I right which on is applicable in Verizon.

T_ADD
2013-05-08, 06:38 AM
There are primarily 2 types of handling within CSFB. One is dual mode single standby in which there are 2 separate radios in your phone, LTE and CDMA but the phone only is on standby on LTE. Therefore the signaling and paging parameters get tunneled within the LTE network and gets delivered to the CDMA part of the phone. The other being the dual mode dual standby in which there are 2 radios and both are on standby. The latter chews more battery power. Huawei has the first one commercial (Huawei LTE CDMA Integration & CSFB.rar)

These are simplified explanations. See attached huawei docs for more info.