PDA

View Full Version : abnormal case in MTC

ahmed planning
2013-05-04, 11:36 PM
dears
i noticed this case :
the call setup indication(MTC) is greater than channel request(MTC) . i think this is because the Re-selection prosses . the mobile requested a channel for MTC and before receiving the call setup IND mobile Re-selected another cell ,so the call setup IND (MTC) received on the new cell that did not send the channel request . so the call setup IND became larger than channel request in this new cell .

i need a counter used to calculate this increasing in call setup IND for huawei BSC 6900

babak1349
2013-05-05, 03:35 AM
Hello Ahmed,
To analyze the KPIs you should know some stuff in advance:
1) what even triggers statistics counters . for example upon rception of RACH with cause answer to paging a specific counter is increased
2) You should know the message flow For example how message flow is during MTC call
Based on those facts you can locate the problem and try to find a reason and then fix the problem

in The case of MTC system pages the user and then user sends a RACH message with cause answer to paging and requesting for signaling connection to be establish (SDCCH for example) and then on signaling there would be some NAS messages including authentication, security mode check, call setup process and then there would be RAB assignment Request form core and then TCH allocation (in between there would be resource allocation and Abis resource allocation)

so I am not sure exactly what messages you are pointing out. But it sounds to me that you are wondering why signaled request (RACh) is greater than TCH assignment ? Right ? If it is the case , the reason is signaling process fails in some cases or even SDCCH drop occurs So it won't be followed by TCH assignment
If user request an signaling channel with cause answer to paging (MTC), it will not get it established in another cell becuase system doesn't know which cell has been re-selected ( I am not sure UE reselect another cell in this case you can run a trace for worst cell to make sure about it) So call setup process fails

so your case might be like this (due to some feature) The signaling is established in another cell and then system pushes the UE to establish TCH channel in another cell( like cases you have multi-layer)

Cheers

dears
i noticed this case :
the call setup indication(MTC) is greater than channel request(MTC) . i think this is because the Re-selection prosses . the mobile requested a channel for MTC and before receiving the call setup IND mobile Re-selected another cell ,so the call setup IND (MTC) received on the new cell that did not send the channel request . so the call setup IND became larger than channel request in this new cell .

i need a counter used to calculate this increasing in call setup IND for huawei BSC 6900