PDA

View Full Version : Slow youTube videos

Mdaf
2013-04-26, 07:59 PM
Hello,
We have NSN 3G as our vendor, we only have Interactive services enabled no streaming or Background.
We have many complaints regarding YouTube where a lot of buffering and slow progress of the videos.
If I may ask would it be beneficial if we enabled streaming services or this have nothing to do with it?
Any comments are appreciated regarding this issue.
Many thanks

ninjafine
2013-04-27, 04:36 AM
Hello,
We have NSN 3G as our vendor, we only have Interactive services enabled no streaming or Background.
We have many complaints regarding YouTube where a lot of buffering and slow progress of the videos.
If I may ask would it be beneficial if we enabled streaming services or this have nothing to do with it?
Many thanks

Hi! Please try first the solution from below.

babak1349
2013-04-27, 05:02 AM
Hello,
Interesting! Considering Ninjafine comments It could problem in youtube itself. Otherwise you should consider there are 3 nodes are involved
1) UE application
2) Radio Access
3) SGSN/GGSN

first of all you should know intractive and streaming have different QOS profile (lets delay and guaranteed bit rate....) So streaming gives better delay and I think guaranteed bit rate ( in 3G it might be 128 kbit/s)
UE behavior:
I saw some UE has youtube application and they ask for streaming services in this case if there is PS call ongoing , UE may asks for 2nd RAB assignment or some UEs disconnect first RAB and establish 2nd RAB

RNC behavior:
I think it does consider requested service attributes (Interactive and streaming) As mentioned in UE behavior you should check if multi-RAB is activated for example 2X PS)
SGSN/GGSN": I think different QOS of servies will be handled through different APN and streaming and interactive might have different APN So you need to check

Suggestions are:
1) use youtube on different UE type to see if there is a specific UE type which causes problem
2) Running traces on SGSN to see UE's behavior
3) Checking if Multi-RAB are activated
4) Check if there is high failure of RAB assignment in SGSN

So you need to get RNC/SGSN guys involved

Hope it can help

cheers

Hello,
Many thanks