PDA

View Full Version : Inter frequency HO in U900 and UE not compatible !!! ????

khaldounh
2013-04-25, 11:36 PM
Hi experts

IN our network we have UMTS 2100 and we will lunch the UMTS 900, but before we have one question for you please.

If the UE in the 2100 and camping on the cell and the configuration of the cell telling that IF ( inter frequency preferred ) but the UE is not UMTS 900 compatible, what is exactly happens, this is E// equipment and hopefully someone can provide a doc who can explain such case.

Thanks & best regards

Khladounh

babak1349
2013-04-25, 11:46 PM
Hi,
I think system considers UE capability, when you sends "RRC connection setup Complete " message , it includes its Capability and one of its capability is supported Frequency range So system doesn't trigger IFHO in the case wehen UE doesn't support the target cell's frequency band

Here is a sample of RRCConnectionSetupComplete Massage

[20:15:08.664]02,5614 >>-------->> (RRC) rrcConnectionSetupComplete (CID1=XXXXX) (RNC1=YYYY) (channel=ul-dcch) (rrcTID=0) (cs-domain) (startVal=0x4) (ps-domain) (startVal=0x0) (fdd2100) (fdd1900) (bandV) (gsm850) (gsm900P) (gsm900E) (gsm1800) (gsm1900) (fdd1900) (fdd2100) (bandV) (gsm850) (gsm900P) (gsm900E) (gsm1800) (gsm1900) (bandV) (fdd2100) (fdd1900) (gsm850) (gsm900P) (gsm900E) (gsm1800) (gsm1900)..............
So you can see this MS doesn't support fdd900

Cheers

khaldounh
2013-04-26, 04:15 PM
Thanks you very much bro, agree with u that will never consider any FDD900, but what the next step for the UE if he run out of coverage/quality and he must do go from current cell coverage.

Thanks again.

babak1349
2013-04-26, 04:19 PM
hi there,
if it happen and the coverage and quality degraded, it may drop In the case of PS and if poorqualitydetection feature is activated users will downgrade to lower bit rate to be able to maintain the quality otherwise drop is possible
You can activate HO to GSM in those cases to make sure that you don't have too many drop call on the edge of 3G coverage

Cheers

khaldounh
2013-04-26, 05:47 PM
Okay brother and thanks again

I have one more request especially for u please, my network is E******* W11 and you are the Nexplorer expert, can I get the wcdma_w11_RuleSet for parameter inconsistency check, I really need it urgently.

Appreciated
Khaldounh

babak1349
2013-04-26, 06:04 PM
hi,
If you go t odirectory of Nexplorer you will find a file which is named
C:\E******* AB\NeXplorer12.0\ran11_1_1_parameter_comparision.txt (please note this file is NOT under Program Files folder)
Than modify it based on your baseline or delete unnecessary Parameters/MOs

then from Nexplorer option go to:
Files >> Preferences and see the following Picture and do the same:

After setting your comparison file and loading your RNC dumps go to Menu >> tools >. parameter Check and then done

Cheers

khaldounh
2013-04-26, 06:13 PM
I don't know how to thank you brother, really really appreciated, if I'll have any problem I get back to you please.

Thanks

babak1349
2013-04-26, 06:17 PM
Hi Khaldounh,
You welcome Bro. Sharing is good. Any job available in Dubai for RF optimization rule for consultant ?

Cheers

khaldounh
2013-04-26, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately till now there isn't but I promise if there is any I'll let you know ;)

Cheers ;)

khaldounh
2013-05-01, 12:24 AM
Look what I found brother

If all cells in the Active Set have the parameter hoType set to None, neither Inter-Frequency nor Inter-RAT handover will be attempted.

If at least one cell in Active Set has hoType set to GSMPreferred and no cell has hoType set to IF-Preferred, Inter-RAT handover will be attempted.

If at least one cell in Active Set has hoType set to IF-Preferred, Inter-Frequency handover will be attempted.

so what do you think after all above ?

babak1349
2013-05-01, 03:44 AM
Hi mate,
that is true. It all depends on how HO algorithm works. If there is a cell with HOType other than None, IF or IRAT HO will be triggered the point is both of them in the same time can not be triggered because both of them (IFHO and IRAT-HO) use Even 2d thresholds for triggering measurements So there would be a conflict
But anyway the issue you highlighted is different If UE is not capable to measure IF Neighbor, I don't think even measurement on the other frequency would be triggered (please remember the UE goes to compressed mode in most of cases if it doesn't have dual band receiver)

Cheers

Look what I found brother

If all cells in the Active Set have the parameter hoType set to None, neither Inter-Frequency nor Inter-RAT handover will be attempted.

If at least one cell in Active Set has hoType set to GSMPreferred and no cell has hoType set to IF-Preferred, Inter-RAT handover will be attempted.

If at least one cell in Active Set has hoType set to IF-Preferred, Inter-Frequency handover will be attempted.

so what do you think after all above ?

khaldounh
2013-05-08, 07:18 PM
Hi bro

Two more help bro I have a tool can get the XML dump and convert it to Excel format its name is "NePA" i can share it if you want, what I found there in the UtranRelation MO the following

MeContext=RNC1,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=ABCD_U32324A,UtranRelation=Iur_ABCD_U32324A_DEFIJK_U23412A

and the nodeRelationType parameter is set to 0 ( Intra RNC Neighbour ) ?????

Also found

MeContext=RNC1,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=AADER-U10003A,UtranRelation=AADER-U10003A_ADERT-U11611A

nodeRelationType Parameter is set to 1

Are those incosistencies or what ????

ANd how I can get the dump file for 2G e******* and open it in my lovely tool NeXplorer

Thank you very very much for all who will participate

babak1349
2013-05-08, 07:57 PM
Hi Mate,
I have NePa 4.0 and also I wrote a small program which generates the license password for tool . so if you need the latest version i can share it with you
about NodeRelationType it gets 2 values:
0 INTRA_RNC
1 INTER_RNC

It is clear when you define the neighbor relation (utranRelation) and you are defining the target cell it should automatically set the value (it is read only)
in the target cell UtranRelation=Iur_ABCD_U32324A_DEFIJK_U23412A as you can see it is written Iur in the beginning and it means it is an externalUtrancell and it (target cell) should be created under specific Iur. If in this case NodeRelationType is Zero (INTA_RNC while the target cell is under Iur and it belongs to another RNC) it means there is something wrong in definition and Maybe you need to delete the neighbor relation and create it again (it may happen during swap or modified DBA by moshell. if you use OSS it may not happen )

About importing GSM dumps to Nexplorer, I never used it for GSM But you can go to File >> import>> Parse GSM and select the dump file type and then import the dump file

Cheers

Hi bro

Two more help bro I have a tool can get the XML dump and convert it to Excel format its name is "NePA" i can share it if you want, what I found there in the UtranRelation MO the following

MeContext=RNC1,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=ABCD_U32324A,UtranRelation=Iur_ABCD_U32324A_DEFIJK_U23412A

and the nodeRelationType parameter is set to 0 ( Intra RNC Neighbour ) ?????

Also found

MeContext=RNC1,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=AADER-U10003A,UtranRelation=AADER-U10003A_ADERT-U11611A

nodeRelationType Parameter is set to 1

Are those incosistencies or what ????

ANd how I can get the dump file for 2G e******* and open it in my lovely tool NeXplorer

Thank you very very much for all who will participate

khaldounh
2013-05-08, 08:45 PM
Thanks bro

Yes but the problem is the limitation in the RNC is 2304 number of external relations so should I take the number of external relation from this defining or from the parameter ????

And by this inconsistency what the RNC consideration of this cell as External or Internal, of both above cases ?

BTW, here they are searching for LTE Experts do you have any ? if not what is your proportionality bro so I can let you know if there is any !!!

Thanks again and again ;)

babak1349
2013-05-08, 09:05 PM
Hi there,
Thanks mate. you are right, there is a limitation in defining externalutrancell you can find it in:
RncConfigLimits.externalUtranCellsLimit which is set to 2304 . There are 2 different thing when you are defining external Utran cell:
1) the target cell is defined ONCE in ExternalUtranCell (you don't need to define it more than one time) So this is limited to 2304 wHich I think is a quite big number
2) In "Utranrelation" you do reffer the target cell to a defined cell in ExternalUtranCell (so you can have for example 10 source cells which are connected to a target cell which is from another RNC)

there is another limit which is RncConfigLimits.cellRelationsLimit and it is 90722
I am also a bit confused becuase NodeRelationType is defined by system and that's why it is read-only. But Target cell is referred to an external cell under Iur. So you need to check statistics and see between 2 cells SHO is happening ?

look at the MO definition as explained in alex:class
ExternalUtranCellManagedElement (edw:/alex?fn=15554-CXC1727601_7-V1Uen.A.137.html) +-RncFunction (edw:/alex?fn=15554-CXC1727601_7-V1Uen.A.196.html) +-IurLink (edw:/alex?fn=15554-CXC1727601_7-V1Uen.A.122.html) +-ExternalUtranCell (edw:/alex?fn=15554-CXC1727601_7-V1Uen.A.87.html)

as you can see ExternalUtrancells are under an IUR definition

About LTE, unfortunately I don't have any practical experiences But really eager to work in a network to gain more experiences nad reading should be ended

Cheers

Thanks bro

Yes but the problem is the limitation in the RNC is 2304 number of external relations so should I take the number of external relation from this defining or from the parameter ????

And by this inconsistency what the RNC consideration of this cell as External or Internal, of both above cases ?

BTW, here they are searching for LTE Experts do you have any ? if not what is your proportionality bro so I can let you know if there is any !!!

Thanks again and again ;)

babak1349
2013-05-08, 09:36 PM
Hi mate,
Here is a defintion of UtranRelation when it is referenced to an ExternalUtranCell

Proxy Id 8659
MO SubNetwork=ONRM_ROOT_MO_R,SubNetwork=ANARN1,MeContext=ANARN1,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,UtranCell=NLX6665,UtranRelation=NLX0901
=================================================================================================================
UtranRelationId NLX0901
frequencyRelationType 0 (INTRA_FREQ)
froId 377
Struct hcsSib11Config has 5 members:
>>> 1.hcsPrio = 0
>>> 2.qHcs = 0
>>> 3.penaltyTime = 0
>>> 4.temporaryOffset1 = 0
>>> 5.temporaryOffset2 = 0
loadSharingCandidate 0 (FALSE)
nodeRelationType 1 (INTER_RNC)
qOffset1sn 0
qOffset2sn 0
selectionPriority 3
utranCellRef SubNetwork=ONRM_ROOT_MO_R,SubNetwork=ANARN1,MeContext=ANARN1,ManagedElement=1,RncFunction=1,IurLink=Iur_ANARN2,ExternalUtranCell=NLX0901

As you can see the UtranCellRef is including Iur (under this Iur, the ExternalUtranCell is defined)
So you need to check UtranCellRef (which is important) and to see if in UtranRelation the Target cell reference is defined correctly If it is not defined correctly Handover will not Happen and most probably you will get drop call

Please note I got those information from RNC KGET file

Cheers

Cheers

khaldounh
2013-05-09, 07:11 PM
I hope we join a project one day in the future bro, thanks and appreciated.

Br

Khaldounh

kernel1
2013-05-15, 07:54 PM
thanks bro for this subject ^^

khaldounh
2013-10-08, 02:01 AM
Hi Exp brothers

Do you have tool that make the Inconsistency check for Huawei RAN 12,13.

BR

Khaldounh