PDA

View Full Version : Underlaid Cell Congestion

muhammadbillal
2013-04-06, 11:00 AM
Dear all,
I am dealing with multiple cells which have underlaid congestion. I have 2/2/2 in GSM900 and 4/4/4 in DCS-1800. Upon investigation I have found out that there are "Failed TCH seizures due to busy TCH (underlaid Subcell)". I have relaxed the threshold for handover to overlaid subcell and also load based handovers to overlaid subcell. I want to check if there's a way to shift traffic to underlaid based on underlaid traffic load rather than simply cell traffic load. The system I am talking about is Huawei RAN 12.

BR,
Bilal

mashi123
2013-04-06, 03:11 PM
hi
those parameters can help "UtoO Traffic HO Allowed" and "En Iuo Out Cell General OverLoad Thred"

muhammadbillal
2013-04-06, 09:11 PM
@mashi123 I know these parameters but they are based on cell level load not underlaid load. I need to reduce traffic from underlaid only when there's a need. "Assign Optimum layer threshold" also helps in this case.

gunpowder
2013-04-06, 10:35 PM
Check HOIUO Parameters
Traffic HO allowed YES/NO
Assign optimum layer {optimized or underlaid)
Assign layer during handover { optimized or underlaid )
you can push traffic to DCS by changing Rxlev thresholds UTOO and OTOU

daweho
2013-04-08, 06:11 PM
Please can we have similar parameter for E*******?. If any

muhammadbillal
2013-04-09, 04:53 AM
CHAP settings handle the assignment for channels in handovers and TCH assignments. CHAP=5 helps to push more traffic to overlaid where the coverage is good. Also LOL and LOLHYST are used to manipulate traffic between underlaid and overlaid subcells. There's another feature called sub-cell load distribution. You can also check that. SCLD, SCLDSC, SCLDLUL and SCLDLOL are some parameters used to shift traffic between underlaid and overlaid based on load.

jenriqp
2013-04-12, 01:01 AM
Hey!! maybe that can help you

%%LST GCELLHOEDBPARA: IDTYPE=BYNAME, CELLNAME="xxxxx", LstFormat=VERTICAL;%%RETCODE = 0 Execution succeeded.List Enhanced Dual-Band Handover Parameters of Cell--------------------------------------------------- Cell Index = 54 Cell Name = 11711 UL Subcell Lower Load Threshold = 50 // you can adjust this parameter UL Subcell Assignment Optimization = Yes OL Subcell Assignment Optimization = No UL Subcell General Overload Threshold = 80 UL Subcell Serious Overload Threshold = 90 Subcell HO Allowed Flow Control Level = 10Distance Between Boundaries of Subcells = 10 Distance Hysteresis Between Boundaries = 2 Load HO Allowed = Yes // you have to set this parameter in YESUL Subcell Load Hierarchical HO Periods = 5 Step Length of UL Subcell Load HO = 5 MOD Step LEN of UL Load HO Period = 1 Load HO of OL Subcell to UL Subcell = No OL Subcell Load Diversity HO Period = 10 Step Length of OL Subcell Load HO = 5 Incoming OL Subcell HO Level TH = 30 Outgoing OL Subcell HO Level TH = 25 Inter UL/OL Subcells HO Penalty Time = 5 Total Number of Measurements = 5 Number of Satisfactory Measurements = 4 Inner Cell EDGE HO Enable = Yes Inner Cell Serious OverLoad Thred = 90(Number of results = 1)--- ENDPlease add reputacion!

muhammadbillal
2013-04-14, 07:05 AM
@jenriqp my friend this is only possible if the cell type is Enhanced Dual Band. In my case the cells are concentric.