PDA

View Full Version : Cell Individual Offset

HAMMOUCH
2013-04-04, 09:07 PM
Hello,

Can someone can explain to me more the Cell Individual Offset ??

Cordialy

babak1349
2013-04-04, 09:43 PM
Hi,
Individual offset is signaled to UEs to be added to measurement quantity ( For example EcNo) in order to control coverage for serving cell. So UE considers individual offset before triggering and event

check your vendor documentation

Cheers

Hello,

Can someone can explain to me more the Cell Individual Offset ??

Cordialy

titoe80
2013-04-05, 05:31 PM
Hi,
CIO plays the role of shifting the cell boarder in the handover algorithm
- The higher CIO is, the easier handovers to occur, but the more resources are occupied.

rnpopt
2013-04-11, 05:26 AM
CIO is a offset value which is added with the neighbors measurement value for HO decision. It's value can be positive or negative. So putting negative value will make the measurment value of the neighbor more weaker so less possibility of HO with that neighbor, while setting positive value will make the neighbor measurment value stronger so high possibility for HO with that neighbor. In huawei system, neighbor cells's measurement (for intra and inter freq HO) are measured by the sum of CIO+CIOoffset+actual measurement quantity of the neighbor. So in huawei, there are 2 parameters, one is CIO (which is cell oriented individual offset, defined per cell), another is CIOoffset (defined per neighbor).

jackkarpar
2013-04-11, 12:00 PM
i think CIO doing exactly opposite of what you're trying to imply. The UE receives the cell offsets for each cell in the MEASUREMENT CONTROL message sent from the SRNC to the UE. By applying a positive offset, the UE sends a MEASUREMENT REPORT message back to the SRNC as if the measured value is offset higher than reality which delays the handover. It is easier to see what happened by the following formula:

Event 1a:
(measured P-CPICH Ec/No) > (P-CPICH Ec/No of the Best Cell in the Active Set) – reportingRange1a+ hysteresis1a /2