PDA

View Full Version : Question BH for cell

justdream
2013-04-02, 07:18 PM
Dears,I want to calculate BH "Busy Hour" for each cell by my-selfto get same data we get from our servers..My question, how to determine BH for cell in case:Cell-X has reahced maximum traffic twice at different hoursfor example reached 36.5 erlang at 12:00 & 13:00which hour will be considered as BH

hamody2005
2013-04-02, 11:04 PM
I think you must take 24h traffic for many days and then take average for each hour for all days

this will get you Average of traffic for 24h for each cell

and then take max of traffic for each cell which will be cell busy hour

I prefer this method

useful add rep.

justdream
2013-04-03, 02:55 AM
In our network we are doing it for each Day and it could vary from Day to Day based on max Traffic
My inquiry, assuming in same day fie same cell, I've reached maximum traffic at 2 different hours
which hour will be considered BH

hamody2005
2013-04-04, 05:57 AM
if you want to make your calculation on 2two busy hour no problem

Jerry
2013-04-04, 08:36 AM
@justdream,
Any of two should be ok. Exact value BH may not happen every day and cell. You may look to congestion rate too

Ghost78
2013-04-06, 12:33 AM
Hi,Jerry you're right, there are many factors to introduce to determine whichi houre is the Busiest one in case they have the same TCH traffic, first you can compare the congestion ratio, if this doesnt resolve your problem, I think you should compare SDCCH traffic also.I hope this can help you.B.R

mashi123
2013-04-06, 03:03 PM
Hi
I think you should take the call attempts as secondary sort,
can i ask what the purpose of such question.

justdream
2013-04-06, 08:39 PM
Hi
I think you should take the call attempts as secondary sort,
can i ask what the purpose of such question.
Purpose is to calculate BH stats by my-self

Nyquist
2013-04-08, 01:37 AM
Hi.
If your traffic is so changing, you must take info for much more days and tray to have a better view of your network. If you put every day data in a graph, you could get the trend and know if the busiest hour is over a certain time. You always should pick the higher values. Please do not forget that your network could have more than one BH, and normally the BH for voice could not be equal to the BH for Data. So, depend on what you want to process, you would need some info or other.
I hope it helps you