PDA

View Full Version : High Drop Speech on 2CC cells

driss240
2013-04-02, 06:26 AM
Hi Guys,

I am facing a high DCR speech in 2CC Cells just after its implementation. However the 1CC cells are not impacted by this issue even before and after 2CC implementation,

I cheked the U2U neighbours and everything is ok. I have launched a trace for one 2CC cells and found that dropped calls are happening while on Iur due to " measurement control failure" , the UEs are not able to do measurement that the RNC is requesting, after some time the RNC is releasing the connection,

in order to know on which kind of handovers is happening , I put GPEH trace with event "INTERNAL_SYSTEM_RELEASE", as findings after processing GPEH showed that is occuring on inter freq reporting.

Can you please help to resolve this issue by the actions needed.

if you need any clarification feel free to tell it.

Your support are appreciated.
Best Regards

ninjafine
2013-04-03, 04:26 AM
Hi! If you are talking about inter freq ho, check first if fddIFHOSupp, hoType are defined correctly. Then make sure by statistics if you see inter freq ho attempts and success.
There are a lot of useful info you may get from INTERNAL_SYSTEM_RELEASE such as SOURCE_CONF, CPICH_EC_NO_CELL_1, RSCP_CELL_1, RAN_DISCONNECTION_CODE, UTRAN_RANAP_CAUSE and etc.
You may pm me your trace to give you more details.

babak1349
2013-04-03, 04:43 AM
Hello,
I don't think that is the Iur configuration problem right? It supposed to work on 1st carrier right ?
Do you have only problem on the border of 2 RNCs or inside of RNCs area you face similar problem ?
Those RNCs are in different MSCs? If they are in different MSs you need to define more outer cells
If you have problem on the border only do you have problem in both RNCs?

The problem could be also in RNC modules, sometimes in creating new cells or re-homing , RNC module may not properly sent neighbor list (it is a bug) it can be solved by restarting RNC modules So to check that you need to run drive test in cell border to see the send measurement control in UE side or ask the Moshell guys to get you celldata of a specific cell

Best Regards

Hi Guys,

I am facing a high DCR speech in 2CC Cells just after its implementation. However the 1CC cells are not impacted by this issue even before and after 2CC implementation,

I cheked the U2U neighbours and everything is ok. I have launched a trace for one 2CC cells and found that dropped calls are happening while on Iur due to " measurement control failure" , the UEs are not able to do measurement that the RNC is requesting, after some time the RNC is releasing the connection,

in order to know on which kind of handovers is happening , I put GPEH trace with event "INTERNAL_SYSTEM_RELEASE", as findings after processing GPEH showed that is occuring on inter freq reporting.

Can you please help to resolve this issue by the actions needed.

if you need any clarification feel free to tell it.

Your support are appreciated.
Best Regards

driss240
2013-04-03, 05:49 AM
Hi Folks,

Thank you all for you help.

I have found that DefaultHoType parameter wasn't created on RNC level. it set per carrier per DRNC and indicates
handover type for external cells, if Inter RAT Handover or Inter-Frequency HO or None shall be attempted. If
not defined then GSM_PREFERRED is used. please any help how can create MO for this paramter.

Best Ragards.

driss240
2013-04-03, 05:58 AM
Hi

It work rightly on 1st carrier, high DCR is occuring only in 2nd carrier.

Only the sites on the border of RNCs are facing the problem.

Best Regards.

BR//
Driss

Hello,
I don't think that is the Iur configuration problem right? It supposed to work on 1st carrier right ?
Do you have only problem on the border of 2 RNCs or inside of RNCs area you face similar problem ?
Those RNCs are in different MSCs? If they are in different MSs you need to define more outer cells
If you have problem on the border only do you have problem in both RNCs?

The problem could be also in RNC modules, sometimes in creating new cells or re-homing , RNC module may not properly sent neighbor list (it is a bug) it can be solved by restarting RNC modules So to check that you need to run drive test in cell border to see the send measurement control in UE side or ask the Moshell guys to get you celldata of a specific cell

Best Regards