PDA

View Full Version : Question Building formula for calculating coverage distance of once cell?

assassinhp
2013-04-01, 04:27 PM
Can you please help me to build one formula in calculating coverage distance of one cell (for example, from tilt, power, ...)
Thank you so much

baha
2013-04-03, 12:17 AM
1. You need to define what minimum signal would be enough to "pick-up" the information (with certain quality) being send over the communication channel. You can use the sensitivity of the receiver (if given), or you can deduce it: Sensitivity=C/N+10Lg(kTB)+NF
2. Now you need to calculate the System_Gain=Ptx+Gtx-TXlosses+Grx-RXlosses-(C/N+10Lg(kTB)+NF)
3. Now you can use any propagation model to define a distance over which you will get propagation losses equal to above System_Gain.
4. If you like to make your life difficult, in calculation of sensitivity, you can take man made noises and various fading, plus you can add some margins to account losses due to buildings, body. I hope depend on the model chosen, it will take terrain, waters, trees, buildings, rains and gases into account.
4. Now you can sum-up all above stuff, and write your single formulae.

Good luck!

P.S. I may miss some other factors, so don't forget to include them too!