PDA

View Full Version : Question Robotic Voice

apo7
2013-03-14, 08:45 PM
Hi,

Anyone has any experience with robotic voice and how to solve it? The vendor is Huawei. It happens to both 2G and 3G calls.

Regards,
APO7.

Handover24
2013-03-14, 09:14 PM
Hi apo7 on that cell or better that singleRAN equipment there are trasmission problems...check Abis and Iub counters
Regards

apo7
2013-03-14, 09:28 PM
Hi apo7 on that cell or better that singleRAN equipment there are trasmission problems...check Abis and Iub counters
Regards

Hi Handover24,

Which counters should I check?

Regards.

Handover24
2013-03-14, 10:41 PM
Hi apo7 you must check Abis and Iub counters...but you will do faster if you find alarms on BTS ore NOdeB if the problem is still present

Handover24
2013-03-14, 10:44 PM
if do not find alarms maybe it is just a configuration mismatch on Abis or Iub ( but it is rare as case )

captain_jejemon
2013-03-14, 11:44 PM
We experience the same case in 2G.
dragging of bad coverage was the reason.
RLT also have effect.

alcatraz
2013-03-15, 12:03 AM
Hi Apo7.

This a tipical problem of Huawei sistems.

It Could Be. High RTWP.

Load in the SPU's this is very comon. The they reach the 70% of load this happens. If you are in RAN 12 or higher it's supposed the between SPU's exists overflow, but this is not good.

You should check that.

In 2G could be also the AMR configuration.

As Handover24 said it also could be Transmision problems.

We also had this issue in how do you handle F1 and F2 politics. Check the DRD.

Hope it helps.

if you fix all the problems Huawei system always in some point have the Robotic Transformer type issue.

:S

Regards.

kevin_h811
2013-03-15, 10:03 AM
Check also if Mobile Terminating Phone is 3G camped and the Mobile Originating is 2G camped.
Must be 2G on both sides when dedicated and 3G also when calling each other.

Regards//

agenov
2013-03-15, 01:55 PM
I can not agree at all! SPU load of 70% or similar will trigger flow control and in certain point after will start reject service. Nothing from all this has something in common with your problem. I have faced such problem once in 3G part when you have dual carrier cells and some old mobiles when do DRD from f1 to f2 due to ciphering issue but it was like "river" noise in the handset. Normally the first thing u have to do is to contact the vendor if you dont know what else to do. Sometime halfrate in 2G due to codec limitation can cause something similar to metal/robotic voice but i guess this is not the case with you.Since you have that issue everywhere in the network better to escalate the case to the vendors, not only huawei but also the one u use in the CN, could be an issue there.

good luck

BR

Hi Apo7.

This a tipical problem of Huawei sistems.

It Could Be. High RTWP.

Load in the SPU's this is very comon. The they reach the 70% of load this happens. If you are in RAN 12 or higher it's supposed the between SPU's exists overflow, but this is not good.

You should check that.

In 2G could be also the AMR configuration.

As Handover24 said it also could be Transmision problems.

We also had this issue in how do you handle F1 and F2 politics. Check the DRD.

Hope it helps.

if you fix all the problems Huawei system always in some point have the Robotic Transformer type issue.

:S

Regards.

jmmccall
2013-03-15, 03:16 PM
If you have traces when the fault is present you could check that it is the same MGW. It could be a single MGW in the the core network. I seem to remember a similar issue being caused by a Transcode unit.

Handover24
2013-03-15, 09:20 PM
I completly agree with you and moreover never seen problem even if SPU load is at 80%.
Maybe external interference but if GSM and UMTS band are far it will be quite impossible ( the case is different if the UMTS is 900 )

I can not agree at all! SPU load of 70% or similar will trigger flow control and in certain point after will start reject service. Nothing from all this has something in common with your problem. I have faced such problem once in 3G part when you have dual carrier cells and some old mobiles when do DRD from f1 to f2 due to ciphering issue but it was like "river" noise in the handset. Normally the first thing u have to do is to contact the vendor if you dont know what else to do. Sometime halfrate in 2G due to codec limitation can cause something similar to metal/robotic voice but i guess this is not the case with you.Since you have that issue everywhere in the network better to escalate the case to the vendors, not only huawei but also the one u use in the CN, could be an issue there.

good luck

BR

ltamimi
2013-03-15, 09:36 PM
Hi,

You should do many test calls 3G-3G only and 2G-2G only if you manage to isolate the problem at 3G network, please check the ciphering if after disable the ciphering (for test only) the robotic voice disappear open a case with Huawei because its an old issue and i am not sure if they solve it

Regards,

apo7
2013-03-16, 11:45 AM
Hi,

You should do many test calls 3G-3G only and 2G-2G only if you manage to isolate the problem at 3G network, please check the ciphering if after disable the ciphering (for test only) the robotic voice disappear open a case with Huawei because its an old issue and i am not sure if they solve it

Regards,

Hi,

Actually the test is conducted between 2G-3G, 2G-2G and 3G-3G within the same cell and different cells. This robotic voice just randomly pop up and not consistent. So it's quite difficult to determine the root cause. Anyhow, tracing already done and the R&D team will investigate. If anyone has any experience on troubleshooting this issue, please do share your experience.

Thanks.