PDA

View Full Version : LTE RF and RAN key KPIs - discussion

tyberry
2013-03-13, 01:55 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking at putting together some key KPIs around new use cases above and beyond what existing tools to provide....

I'm seeing currently pressing demands on the following use cases for LTE;

1. TCP optimisation
2. QoS optimisation
3. Backhaul Optimisation
4. Per user per service KPIs
5. Cell site exhaust

Just wondering if anyone else has any other ideas on pressing hot use cases for specific challenges around LTE networks and optimizing these.

Look forward for a good discussion around this topic, I'm not looking for the standard KPIs delivered through E*******/Huawei/NSN/ALU etc...i'm interested in hearing about interesting and novel use cases based around the operational and optimisation challenges of running LTE networks. I'm not concerned about the tool that will build this capability - actually I'm looking at a specfic Big data analytics platform that will enable this type of new requirements.

What are your thoughts?

KR,

dkaloki
2013-04-10, 12:07 PM
Hi Tyberry,
Did you manage to get any response through the forum on your questions?

Kind Regards,
Dick,

tyberry
2013-04-15, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately not very successful with getting any responses when it comes to questions such as this on this forum.

I think questions like this should be of interest for reviewing peoples thoughts on the technology and experience

topoffenders
2013-09-19, 08:16 AM
I can take question number 4:
My view is LTE is about Bearer (QCI), any service is mapped to a QCI. We should be able to pull statistics on QCI level.

let us know which vendor you are working on?, each vendor has their own way of implementing 3gpp standard.

tyberry
2013-09-20, 06:10 AM
Thanks Topoffenders,

I'm going to be working with Samsung and E*******. Maybe later with ALU.

this is helpful, do you have some info in terms of the kind of stats one can get for QCI?